Rinella DDD - Depublicize, Deglorify, Demonetize

NoWiser

WKR
So some one hacked in and added Matt to it and it wasn’t there before? Sounds logical. Hey on a side note I have some ocean front property here in South Dakota I will give you a hell of a deal on. Let me know
Or they could have hacked and got rid of the “Edited” note. Obviously high on the hackers priority list because it was done within minutes of the original post being made. That’s way more likely than some dope not taking the time to read an entire post.

Will_m

WKR
Sounds like thought out and logical response. No way one of the original states with a massive hunting following could be showing signs that are indicative of a larger trend.....

Post your states license numbers from 2000, then from 2020, and if there is an astronomical increase, I’ll concede.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait so we have to support our arguments with facts? This is 2020. Everyone knows reason, logic and verifiable facts have no place in a debate.

Get out of here with that thoughtful and reasonable point.

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
But hasn’t rinella made a ton of money off the outdoors? Doesn’t he promote himself and his companies on social media?

Yes he and his ilk are window licking mouth breathers and if I come across them in the back country I’m moving their entire camp to a different drainage. Don’t worry I’ll leave a note explaining how it feels to loose something you cherish.

ODB

WKR
Sounds like thought out and logical response. No way one of the original states with a massive hunting following could be showing signs that are indicative of a larger trend.....

Post your states license numbers from 2000, then from 2020, and if there is an astronomical increase, I’ll concede.

Idaho:

Paid License Holders: 245,358
Resident Licenses, Tags, Permits and Stamps: 727,210
Non-Resident Licenses, Tags, Permits and Stamps: 96,883

Paid License Holders: 288,613
Resident Licenses, Tags, Permits and Stamps: 1,270,017
Non-Resident Licenses, Tags, Permits and Stamps: 219,419

Speaks for itself.

KurtR

WKR
Idaho:

Speaks for itself.
are those just hunting license or are fishing included?

VenaticOppidan

Lil-Rokslider
Idaho:

Speaks for itself.
I wont argue, you have an increase! I appreciate you grabbing some numbers.

Now you had a 43,255 increase in licenses sold in 20yrs. So your state has averaged a 0.815% annual increase (YoY) in hunter every year, for the last 20 years, including an influx of out of state hunters. Less than 1.0% a year

That does not seem like an astronomical increase, at all. especially in the 14th largest state, with a population of 1.8m, w 62% of your land being public. Doesn't exactly seem like folks should be stepping on each other.

ODB

WKR
I wont argue, you have an increase! I appreciate you grabbing some numbers.

Now you had a 43,255 increase in licenses sold in 20yrs. So your state has averaged a 0.815% annual increase (YoY) in hunter every year, for the last 20 years, including an influx of out of state hunters. Less than 1.0% a year

That does not seem like an astronomical increase, at all. especially in the 14th largest state, with a population of 1.8m, w 62% of your land being public. Doesn't exactly seem like folks should be stepping on each other.

Why ignore all the tags and permits sold? Are people all the sudden buying tags and permits out of the goodness of their hearts or are they intending on filling them?

I think those numbers indicate a shift in what hunters are actually doing. Sure, we’ve only added 44k paying license buyers, but the hunters seem way more interested in actually taking the next step of buying a tag and trying to fill it.

so, in Idaho, are hunters increasing? Yes.

are the latent hunters “activating” seems like Hell yes.

both will cause more people at the trailhead.

VenaticOppidan

Lil-Rokslider
Why ignore all the tags and permits sold? Are people all the sudden buying tags and permits out of the goodness of their hearts or are they intending on filling them?

I think those numbers indicate a shift in what hunters are actually doing. Sure, we’ve only added 44k paying license buyers, but the hunters seem way more interested in actually taking the next step of buying a tag and trying to fill it.

so, in Idaho, are hunters increasing? Yes.

are the latent hunters “activating” seems like Hell yes.

both will cause more people at the trailhead.
The reason I ignored the increased tag sales is bc it shows individuals are applying for more tags, not significantly more individuals hunting in your state.

You are adding 0.80% of a person for every 100 hunters in your woods a year. Whether they have 1 tag or 25 tags.

The idea of exponential growth is proven wrong with your own numbers. Wonder how much non residents have added to keeping your hunting numbers increasing and not decreasing annually? Or if you have less residents annually, or the same, and your numbers are only moving bc non residents?

Im not trying to be a prick, but it doesn't add up.

ODB

WKR
The reason I ignored the increased tag sales is bc it shows individuals are applying for more tags, not significantly more individuals hunting in your state.

You are adding 0.80% of a person for every 100 hunters in your woods a year. Whether they have 1 tag or 25 tags.

The idea of exponential growth is proven wrong with your own numbers. Wonder how much non residents have added to keeping your hunting numbers increasing and not decreasing annually? Or if you have less residents annually, or the same, and your numbers are only moving bc non residents?

Im not trying to be a prick, but it doesn't add up.

you are taking about numbers of new hunters added. I’m merely saying that participation is way up, the net effect being more hunters in the field. The hunter at the trailhead has no idea if the “other guys” he sees are ‘new’ or just guys who are now buying permits. He doesn’t care either. And in the end, It doesn’t matter how a hunter gets afield, the perception is the same = more hunters at the trailhead.

I’ll add this, when you say it doesn’t show there are more hunters, that’s not true. If more hunters are buying mule deer tags, there are more mule deer hunters, period.

Added later: I looked up Idaho’s mule deer success rates from 2001 and 2019 for any weapon:

In 2001 99k hunters killed 39k mule deer. In 2019 129k hunters killed 34k deer.

Last edited:
So some one hacked in and added Matt to it and it wasn’t there before? Sounds logical. Hey on a side note I have some ocean front property here in South Dakota I will give you a hell of a deal on. Let me know
I’m pretty sure it was the CCP that hacked Rokslide, adding a line at the very top of the post—above the Facebook link—that would make it seem as though I overlooked it, when in actuality they hacked it. They’re good, damn good.

Or they could have hacked and got rid of the “Edited” note. Obviously high on the hackers priority list because it was done within minutes of the original post being made. That’s way more likely than some dope not taking the time to read an entire post.
That’s very possible. The Chicoms have been on a hacking spree lately.

Okhotnik

WKR
If it wasn’t for rinella and randy newberg I probably wouldn’t have started hunting the west. Guess it’s good or bad depending on how you look at it. I work with a guy...npr, ultra lefty type. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, you get the point he’s not your typical hunter... Anyway a few years ago he called me everything but a child of god for wanting to hunt sandhill cranes. Year or so later he started watching meat eater on Netflix, now hunting’s not so bad, and he’s asking about hunting. Guess it comes down to would I rather have the woods to myself and have him against hunting, or share the woods and have him advocate for it.
Is he one of the new left wing hunters that still embraces anti gun leftwing politics and worships wolves and wants them to be introduced everywhere with no meaningful management plan, hates trapping , predator hunting and hunting with dogs?

We seem to have more and more of these new social media instant hunters.Can t say it is a plus for the hunting community.

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
Back in the early 80s we Blamed the NWTF for turning every hunter into a new turkey hunter and crowding up "our" woods. In the early 2000s we blamed foxpro for turning everyone into a coyote hunter. Today its YT we blame for turning everyone into a public land hunter. Same tree, different leaf.

One thing age has shown me is these fads tend to fade over time. I suspect this will too and only those who truly love it and are willing to expend the energy will remain.
YMMV

slick

WKR
That’s very possible. The Chicoms have been on a hacking spree lately.

Dude’s now trolling and just can’t admit he blew his gasket before reading the entirety of the post.

Anywho. This is a super thought provoking thread. It’s been interesting to read everyone’s thoughts, well, the people that read the article.

Carry on Gents.