Rinella on Sage-Grouse - Call to Action

Not the original author of this but figured a cross post is a good thing to get the word out:
About a year ago, the BLM & USFS issued plans to manage public lands across 11 western states for the benefit of sage brush habitats in order to ensure that the greater sage-grouse doesn't warrant listing under the endangered species act. This effort, along with the state plans, are the main reasons the Secretary of the Interior decided not to list the bird. The plans aren't perfect, and there are still a few wrinkles to be ironed out, but the states, NGO's and the Fed are all working well together to find common ground and advance plans that work well together to conserve sage grouse, and more importantly, the land they need for survival. These plans have the added benefit of improving range conditions for elk, mule deer, pronghorn and over 300 species of flora & fauna.

Unable to take yes for an answer, Congressman Rob Bishop and his crony Ryan Benson from Big Game Forever, are trying desperately to stop the BLM plans from being implemented, and in the process, hand management of public lands over to the states. Bishop was able to get a rider placed on the National Defense Authorization Act, the bill that pays our troops, funds our military, and provides for the defense of the nation. Luckily, Senator John McCain has been a steadfast opponent to this rider, and has bucked House Leadership as well as Bishop in declaring it non-germane to the NDAA.

The Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership is working with Steve Rinella to draw attention to this boondoggle, and have posted a video of Steve, along with a petition to sign so that your congressional member will understand that messing with the plans is counter-productive, and the antithesis of good land management. Please take a moment to view the video and sign the petition!

Here's the video:

Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership - Timeline | Facebook

Here's the petition:
Sportsmen, Speak Out for Sage Grouse - Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership

Last edited:

texag10

WKR
Your links are all jacked up.

Seeing as how my Senator is Ted Cruz, I have a feeling I'd get a fluffy "go **** yourself" when asking him to keep public lands public.

Not the original author of this but figured a cross post is a good thing to get the word out:

If ever there was a petition to sign without reading properly this one may be it... big game forever v Steve rinella... hmmm I wonder who I will agree with.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man the Utah R's absolutely suck.

My aunt and uncle are good friends with the guy running against rob bishop. I can't say I agree with EVERYTHING he stands for, but he hates rob bishop and is pro public land. I think all the other stuff he stands for is worth dealing with to get that ass clown (my new favorite term thanks to randy newberg) out of office. He is worth looking into

twall13

WKR
Thanks for the heads up. I'm definitely with the TRCP on this. Bishop is a joke and an embarrassment to the state of Utah.

A friend of mine got a 3 year position for sage grouse restoration about a year ago. Two weeks ago the feds cancelled his funding and he lost his job with barely a week's notice.