Ring torque- Swarovski vs DNZ

OP
B

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
I am happy to report that after zeroing I have shot at and recovered all 23 hogs and 2 deer, without any scope or ring adjustments. However I will probably use sportsmatch on my next tikka. Here is my 2020 Texas buck.
2a109f977cd532b5cd332d4332e22e9e.jpg

I am happy to report that after zeroing I have shot at and recovered all 23 hogs and 2 deer, without any scope or ring adjustments. However I will probably use sportsmatch on my next tikka. Here is my 2020 Texas buck.

Curious why you'd switch to sportsmatch?

Ravenk

FNG
I used 35 in. lb. on my Swaro Z5 with DNZ game reapers and I've not had any issues.
You must try to lap all rings to make better contact and not damage your scope. All the best!!

I have a DNZ game reaper on a Tikka T3X 30-06 with a Leupold scope. I originally torques the rings to 18/in lbs, and after a long shooting session, some of the screws were loose. I have since gone up to 25/in lbs, and they seem to be holding well. Out of sheer paranoia, I do periodically check them with my torque wrench, but they seem to be staying tight.

I used 35 in. lb. on my Swaro Z5 with DNZ game reapers and I've not had any issues.
You must try to lap all rings to make better contact and not damage your scope. All the best!!

• Can I lap Talley mounts?
We do not recommend lapping any of our mounts. Since they are machined, it really eliminates the need to do so. Since the lightweight mounts are horizontally split, you can lap if you would like. We highly advise against lapping our steel rings. Since they are a vertically split ring, lapping can knock them out of round. Our Picatinny rings, although horizontal split, do not need lapped either. They are a match grade ring and are perfectly round when they come off the machine. Note: If you lap any Talley rings, it will void any return policy since the mounts have been modified.

The best rifle scope in the world is useless without scope rings precisely aligned that hold it immovably in place. Seekins Precision Scope Rings are the best available to mount precision optics to precision rifles. Machined from 7075-T6 aluminum in serialized pairs to the most exacting standards in the industry, Seekins Scope Rings never need to be lapped or altered in any way. Scope Rings are .8” wide (4 screw cap) to provide more clamping surface area than any other ring on the market. Smooth edges and radiuses make Seekins Scope rings snag free and will not hang up when deploying from drag bags or scabbards. Ring sets 1.26” and taller, have weight reduction machining in the bottom of the ring body. All rings are Type III Hardcoat Anodized matte black for a durable non-glare finish. Built to the 1913 Picatinny specification, Seekins Precision Scope Rings have a center lug machined directly into the bottom. This integral, flat recoil lug is far superior to cross bolt lug designs and fits precisely into Picatinny slots with minimal clearance. For maximum torque and strength, Grade 8 T-25 Torx® fasteners are used that will not strip out while being tightened to the appropriate specification.

Lapping rings is unnecessary, voids any warranty present on the rings, and can potentially change the torque spec of the ring. Please stop encouraging this pointless behavior!

I have a DNZ game reaper on a Tikka T3X 30-06 with a Leupold scope. I originally torques the rings to 18/in lbs, and after a long shooting session, some of the screws were loose. I have since gone up to 25/in lbs, and they seem to be holding well. Out of sheer paranoia, I do periodically check them with my torque wrench, but they seem to be staying tight.
Maybe I'll stick to Sportsmatch. I don't really want to worry about checking torque often.
And I'm not super excited about doubling the maximum torque recommended from the scope manufacturer.

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
I use dnz mounts, I torque to the specs on the package. 30 in-lbs for steel receivers and 25 in-lbs for the rings. In my experience no damage to the tube or movement once mounted.

lskok

FNG
I have several rifles that I have the game reaper on. I did 35 in/lbs, but these numbers don't mean anything if you don't have a properly calibrated torque wrench.