Rings for Christensen Arms Mesa?

What rings should i get for my christensen arms mesa in 300 win mag. Also, what height should i do? I have a ziess v4 6-24x50 going on it.

Bater

WKR
F529D1EB-5C8D-4405-A60E-9A5FA8CE2177.jpeg
Another vote for the Hawkins Hybrids. I dig my Talleys and have them on over a dozen rigs, but the Hawkins are that next level for sure.

Just ordered a Mesa in .300WM myself. Planning on mounting a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 on a rail. Does Hawkins Precision have rings that would work for that application or should I ditch the rail and use the direct mount hybrid lows?

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Just ordered a Mesa in .300WM myself. Planning on mounting a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 on a rail. Does Hawkins Precision have rings that would work for that application or should I ditch the rail and use the direct mount hybrid lows?
Rusty - I would use the Ultra Light Tactical rings with a rail. You could go with a Low or Medium with the Mesa and the steel barrel. If it were a Carbon heavy barrel you probably would need medium.

Rusty - I would use the Ultra Light Tactical rings with a rail. You could go with a Low or Medium with the Mesa and the steel barrel. If it were a Carbon heavy barrel you probably would need medium.

Great, thanks for the response.

blackshuk

Lil-Rokslider
Hawkins Long Range Hybrids for Remington 700s will work on Christensens. For that set-up I'd go with our Lows.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have this same setup and went with the low rings as recommended. I’m gonna attach pictures of the issue and maybe you can tell me what the problem is… do I need taller rings?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 66

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have this same setup and went with the low rings as recommended. I’m gonna attach pictures of the issue and maybe you can tell me what the problem is… do I need taller rings?
Some of the Zeiss scopes are pretty short and that makes them hard to use with the Hybrids. That and the NX8.
Pic rail and some Ultra Light Tactical rings are the ticket in those situations.

We talk to a lot of folks daily about ring height. One of the best things to do before ordering the rings is to get that scope in hand and give it a quick measure. The mounting length available on the scope tube and the height.

archp625

WKR
Have a buddy that had a 300 PRC built off a Defiance action. He put a Zeiss v4 scope on it and wanted the Hawkins hybrids. It just wouldn't work. So he went Nightforce base and Hawkins rings. Worked great. Buy and use Hawkins with confidence.