Rings for Tikka T3x and Vortex LH 2-10x40

Im probably going over something that has been discussed before, but i cant definitely find the best solution.

I want to run the scope as low as I can, and I want what the best rings for the job. I do not believe I want to use a rail on it tho.

I have heard warne, tally, and leupold rings are great and from others that they fail.

What do you all recommend?

OutdoorAg

WKR
Im probably going over something that has been discussed before, but i cant definitely find the best solution.

I want to run the scope as low as I can, and I want what the best rings for the job. I do not believe I want to use a rail on it tho.

I have heard warne, tally, and leupold rings are great and from others that they fail.

What do you all recommend?
Sportsmatch T084

Utilizes the Tikka dovetail. Fantastic rings.

Reactions: kpk

ericwh

WKR
I am using Talley Extra-Lows with the 3-15.

If the 2-10 is shorter than the 3-15, and also depending on mounting position, they might not work

Bater

WKR
I run Talley LW’s on all my Tikkas but think I’ll try Sportsmatch on my next.

OP
B
Sportsmatch T084

Utilizes the Tikka dovetail. Fantastic rings.
My scope has a 1" tube so Im seeing the T048C for mine. It says it is good for up to a 50mm objective online. Im running a 40mm objective, so there would be a little gap. Any thoughts on this?

Motown

WKR
The 1” sportsmatch rings are nearly impossible to find in lows. Since you want the scope to be as low as possible I dont think the the medium height would work that well for you.

I have personally run Talley’s on a bunch of rifles including Tikka’s without any issues. I dont beat the hell out of my rifles though so I’m not sure how well they would hold up to a bit of abuse.

OP
B
The 1” sportsmatch rings are nearly impossible to find in lows. Since you want the scope to be as low as possible I dont think the the medium height would work that well for you.

I have personally run Talley’s on a bunch of rifles including Tikka’s without any issues. I dont beat the hell out of my rifles though so I’m not sure how well they would hold up to a bit of abuse.
I dont think Ill be too hard on them. I shouldnt have a problem then.

cscalvin

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the Leupold backcountry rings. I’ve liked mine a lot so far.

My scope has a 1" tube so Im seeing the T048C for mine. It says it is good for up to a 50mm objective online. Im running a 40mm objective, so there would be a little gap. Any thoughts on this?

If you decide to go with the sportsmatch I have a brand new pair of 1" T048s I plan to list in the classifieds. Ended up switching to 30mm so these were never even mounted.

Motown

WKR
You can still order directly from his site as of two weeks ago. I ordered 3 sets and it still only took a little over a week to get to my door. Somehow international shipping is faster then sending a damn package through the USPS anymore!