Rings for Tikka T3x Roughtech 7mm Rem Mag

I purchased a Tikka T3x Roughtech 7mm Rem Mag and a Swarovski Z3 4-12 x 50 scope with a 1" tube. I currently have the exact same setup, but on a 6.5 Creedmoor. On the 6.5 Creedmoor, I have Leupold Backcountry Tikka T3x 1" medium rings, which are listed at .61" high. The space between the receiver and the bottom of the objective is about 1/8" (~6mm) and the space between the top of the receiver to the bottom of scope tube is ~18/32" (14mm), so I could go with rings that sit lower by 8mm.

According to Brownell's website, a 50mm objective needs .484 inches from the top of the receiver to the bottom of the scope tube. On my new 7mm Rem Mag setup, I would like to go lower than what I currently have with the Leupold on my 6.5 Creedmoor. Does anyone have any recommendations for exact rings that would work for me? I have read about Sportsmatch TO48 rings for 1" tubes, which are .55". But, it seems difficult to buy those in the US.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have read about Sportsmatch TO48 rings for 1" tubes, which are .55". But, it seems difficult to buy those in the US.

Not gonna comment on the height you need but I've switched all my Tikkas over to sportsmatch, I have 4 ("for the kids" ;) ). First off they work well. Secondly you can shuffle scopes around easily after the scope is leveled in the rings to the gun receiver since you don't have to mess with that to take the rings off the gun. Just set the zero after doing so on the new gun, it'll be close already even with a different cartridge.

I ordered mine from EU and once the VAT tax is backed out of the cost they were pretty affordable to order in.

https://www.tawnadoairguns.com/ The TO48 rings are ~$28USD and shipping for a pair is ~$18USD, each subsequent pair adds ~$4USD in shipping so overall cost if you are getting a few pairs spreads the shipping out better.

Last edited:
  • Banned
OP
G
Thanks for the name - Do you guys think that's the best recommendation for rings available for my setup?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for the name - Do you guys think that's the best recommendation for rings available for my setup?
Ford/chevy/ram... I gave you my thoughts in general, I didn't pencil out the numbers of where the object is on your gun and height of rings. In general I am personally pleased with sportsmatch, they work and I can shuffle scope around on guns. I found them easier to use than talley in which the scope blocks the screws to the action and it looks like the leupold are like talley's.

• Banned
OP
G
I ended up going with a Leupold Picatinny rail with Warne low rings. I haven't shot it yet, but it's a good looking setup.

Grosbc

FNG
I have a 7 RM Veil and a Trijicon 3-18-50 scope. The Talley lightweight low rings were perfect.