rings with integral level

MThuntr

WKR
Anyone have a preferred scope ring (30mm) that has an integral level? Advantages to your chosen?

Last edited:

BAKPAKR

WKR
I have the Hawkins Precision Hybrid Rings on a Tikka. They are like Talleys on steroids with an integral level. On a hunting rifle, I like that the level is not sticking off to the side.

ericF

WKR
No experience with them, but I've been looking for something for my new Mark 5. Hawkins has the combo rings mentioned above as well as picatinny rings both with the integral level.

Hawkins Hybrid Long ranges are my go to now. Extremely well built and quality straight rings.

SanJuanCutthroat

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked up the integrated level for my 30mm Talley lightweights. Seems to be ideal in that it's not too high to totally obscure the turret, though I could see that being an issue with a different scope. Haven't had it out of the house yet though, so hard to give a full report.

Wrench

WKR
it's tough to beat the Hawkins. I personally think the level is fluff on my rifles as I NEVER look at it and if Andy sold them sans the bubble.....I'd buy it.

I also have the integrated bubble level for my Talley lightweights in 30mm. With an elevated turret I can still see what I’m dialing to.

OP
MThuntr

MThuntr

WKR
Thanks for the input guys looks like Hawkins is high on the list. I vaguely remember seeing Zeiss rings so I'll take a look at those too.

Hawkins
Tier One (which makes Zeiss rings)
Nightforce
Iota
Talley
Spuhr

to name a few. Several options out there.

Anything with the bubble on top is not ideal IMO. The ones i've seen are not easy to check without coming off your cheek weld or they obscure your elevation dial. Because of that I'll take a separate level every time.

If there are any with an offset level that can be used without lifting your head off your cheek weld I'd be interested.

mrabe1979

FNG
I have the Hawkins / Steiners. They are robust look to be well crafted. They also came as a free promotion with the Steiner scope I bought.