Rino Garmin's GPS

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
I have used a Rino Garmin GPS radio for several years and and generally like them. I lost my mine on the side of a mountain in Idaho recently and am shopping for a new gps. Curious, is anyone aware of any other products with similar functionality? ability to transmit location to others in your party? will probably invest in another one but thought i would get some feed back first

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
I have used a Rino Garmin GPS radio for several years and and generally like them. I lost my mine on the side of a mountain in Idaho recently and am shopping for a new gps. Curious, is anyone aware of any other products with similar functionality? ability to transmit location to others in your party? will probably invest in another one but thought i would get some feed back first
Sorry for your loss. I list my Rhino a few years back in Colorado. I had orange plastic ribbon tied around it and my buddy found it. I've switched to a Garmin Inreach Explorer +. I recently moved and couldn't find it. Bought one off a fellow Roksider on Sunday and found mine on Monday. Selling the just shipped to me one for that same as I oaid $375 tyd.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NYbuck

FNG
Interested as well regarding any other GPS devices that allow hunting partner tracking. Last year in Montana our hunting party borrowed 4 Garmin rino 110s for 2 way comm and tracking of eachother. We would key the mic every half hour or so to update our location. Worked really well. Looking to purchase for our next hunt. OnX worked great in offline mode for a GPS.

Does the Garmin Inreach allow for similar tracking or just the ability to find the location once a text message is sent to the other user?

We didn’t use the radio function much for talking, text messaging would be suffice. Ability to see the live location of hunting partners is a must.
Looking for options.