RIP TKO insert/outsert?

Zac

WKR
You can cut your shaft about an inch shorter without the collar as well.

You using just HIT or a collar too?
I just use the HIT. I make sure the inserts are glued in permanently and solid, so they don’t move on me. Seems to work pretty well.

I’ve considered using a collar, as it would no doubt support the end of the shaft. But I don’t feel the need yet. And I don’t really want any more weight than I have right now.

Not a fan of collars. Just another component to try to make fit perfectly and still spin perfectly true. I will say that some arrows will most likely hold up better with a collar, and they just about need it if you're hard on arrows at all. I don't worry about needing a collar AT ALL on animals, but if some arrows break at the tip from my normal shooting....then so be it. Mushrooming and tip breakage has never been much of an issue for me using HIT's, so I choose to not use collars. But that's also why I picked the RIP TKO's.......the weaved carbon construction, something that has always seemed much more durable than non-weaved arrows.
Thanks. yes this is exactly my thought process. I would use a collar on say a Black Eagle Rampage that isn't as durable as a RIP TKO. I think there is a happy median like with all things. I'm not trying to plan for the worst case, I'm trying to be somewhere in the middle. Planning for the worst case is living to far on one end of the extreme.

That I know of, they only make the 75/50 brass HITs for the .204 shafts (axis). Just break off the 25 grains and install them.

nphunter

WKR
WHich size 50 grain hit inserts from easton did you use on your RIP TKO's
Easton Brass inserts are what he would have used. RIP TKO's are 5mm or .204 arrows. They don't break at exactly 50gr, I use a file on the backs after breaking them to make them exactly the same weight. Just an FYI, you can remove the IW stainless inserts with a drill bit and reuse them, the Brass ones mushroom and that doesn't work with them.