RIP TKO or Sirius Orion

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
So I realize these are two different diameter arrows, but mostly wondering if anyone has any experience with the Orions? Either way I go they'll be set up with Iron Will stainless 50 gr hits, with a 25 gr collar and either a 100 or 125 gr fp/by. This arrow will be for both whitetail and 3d, possibly elk in the future.
Thanks for any info!

Laned

WKR
I recently shot a 1st gen Orion (250 spine) that blew through a hay bale, a wood fence, and then impacted a tractor shovel that was at an angle. Bent the field point and the stainless steel outsert collar. Shaft was fine. 2nd gen Orions (what are currently being sold) are supposed to be stronger.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Tapatalk

OP
S

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
I recently shot a 1st gen Orion (250 spine) that blew through a hay bale, a wood fence, and then impacted a tractor shovel that was at an angle. Bent the field point and the stainless steel outsert collar. Shaft was fine. 2nd gen Orions (what are currently being sold) are supposed to be stronger.

Sounds like I need to give them a call! Shooting 30" 70 lbs so I'm not sure if I need a 250 or 300 with 175-200 up front. I think thatd be right on the border

Laned

WKR
Give them a call. They're pretty good about guiding you to a good spine.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I would think more along the lines of "VAP's versus Orions" and "RIP TKO's versus Apollo's". I'm not a fan of micro's, but I have both the RIP TKO's and Apollo's. Both are quality arrows, as I'm sure the Orion's are as well if you like 4mm shafts.

OP
S

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
I would think more along the lines of "VAP's versus Orions" and "RIP TKO's versus Apollo's". I'm not a fan of micro's, but I have both the RIP TKO's and Apollo's. Both are quality arrows, as I'm sure the Orion's are as well if you like 4mm shafts.
I know, only reason I threw out those two is I'm trying to stay around that 9.0 GPI mark. I was pretty dead set on the RIP TKO's but figured I'd find out what people think about the Orion's

Zac

WKR
Just make sure you run the Snyder system or whatever they call it, if you go with the micros.