Ripcord LOK Issue

Man I hear about a lot of issues and have seen several ripcord arrow rests fail. Surprised they still sell a bunch. Good marketing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its easy to love the Ripcord LOK - I did! The containment is awesome, super easy to setup/tune, ability to lock it in the up position or use it as a normal limb driven type - it has everything you want in a rest.

When it failed on me it couldn't have come at a worse time - it then became a $200.00 potential hunt ruining liability. There is a design flaw in the mechanism - to me its not a matter of if but when it will fail. That's my .02 - I like forums because they help people (most of the time) from making costly equipment mistakes. If I would have been on a back country hunt it would have been over for me.

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
Well my QAD was doing what is happening with y’all’s LOK. So I called a friend to make sure I wasn’t crazy that the arrow was hitting the rest and he said 2 or 3 other people he knew had malfunctioning QAD rests and they were all now shooting LOKs. I bought one about a month ago and have a few hundred shots through it and love it.

To be clear, my rest has not given me any problems in the 4 months I've had it. It has very user friendly features, and the micro click adjusts are fantastic. This thread has simply made me speculate about how it could/would fail in the future.

Anything can be broken, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everything will break while I use it.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk