RL16 and other Alliant powders Done?

So I am hearing news/rumors, of RL16 and other Alliant powders with a same banned chemical by Sweden's Government, will no longer be manufactured there?
I sure hope not, but it does seem to follow suit with, "If ya can't ban the rifles, ban the bullet's" mentality used by anti's.
I sure hope this is not the case.

OP
mfllood3800
I heard it on another forum from a gun dealer who sells Alliant powders. That's why I am asking here. I couldn't find any articles. I figured someone here would be more in the "know"

Rob5589

WKR
I heard it on another forum from a gun dealer who sells Alliant powders. That's why I am asking here. I couldn't find any articles. I figured someone here would be more in the "know"

And so the internet rumor begins....

Surely Alliant will make some sort of statement if true. At this point, I wouldn't trust anyone on what is or isn't available now or in the future. I would bet good money there are plenty of people making up sh&t in order to protect their own supply chain. Hopefully, that is all this is.

OP
mfllood3800
And so the internet rumor begins....

Surely Alliant will make some sort of statement if true. At this point, I wouldn't trust anyone on what is or isn't available now or in the future. I would bet good money there are plenty of people making up sh&t in order to protect their own supply chain. Hopefully, that is all this is.
Congrats- you get the award for most expected negative response looking to be the kool kid who gets in a dagger before some one else. . Been waiting for this type of reply and hopefully others that offer actual information and not just an emotional response to feel better where the hurts are. Which Is why I brought it up here and worded my OP as I did. Other sites I don't trust as much as the knowledge here. Unfortunately even here "those people" still exist. The original source Seems to have some validity as a reputable Alliant dealer not it's competition. It's not like he has tons of H4350 in stock he cant move. lol
I am simply asking if any one else has heard anything.
If that triggers you just move on.

Rob5589

WKR
Congrats- you get the award for most expected negative response looking to be the kool kid who gets in a dagger before some one else. . Been waiting for this type of reply and hopefully others that offer actual information and not just an emotional response to feel better where the hurts are. Which Is why I brought it up here and worded my OP as I did. Other sites I don't trust as much as the knowledge here. Unfortunately even here "those people" still exist. The original source Seems to have some validity as a reputable Alliant dealer not it's competition. It's not like he has tons of H4350 in stock he cant move. lol
Like I said, it is simply rumor until proven otherwise. Which there are plenty of given the current make up of our gov't, the current shortages, disruptions in the supply chain, etc. And there was no dig at you personally, just the unsubstantiated claims of "some guy on the internet, that heard from another guy."

sneaky

"DADDY"
Well, if said chemical is banned in Sweden it's a simple fix. Make it somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
Well my local store has a lot of RL 16, 23, 26, BE 86, power pistol etc. what I dont see is H anything.
Just bought 4 pds of RL 16 and 8 pds of RL 23.

EVERYONE STOP SENDING ME PMs they are only selling locally right now.

Last edited:

tdhanses

WKR
Fact is you haven’t stated any facts yet got on someone for their opinion, hilarious.

Why don’t you post the facts instead of the rumor, rumors 99% of the time are not true from what I’ve noticed, personally I’m not worried and all I use are RL16 and RL26.

But if the rumor is true don’t be shocked if they just move their manufacturing to China.

OP
mfllood3800
Well, if said chemical is banned in Sweden it's a simple fix. Make it somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
yea just move everything to Idaho and make it there . lol
I don't use RL powder for my 7 mm's but thought about, but if availability is gonna be even more of an issue than already is I wont mess with it.
Didn't I tell you a few years back I didnt want to handlaod and you told me I had to ???

OP
mfllood3800
Fact is you haven’t stated any facts yet got on someone for their opinion, hilarious.

Why don’t you post the facts instead of the rumor, rumors 99% of the time are not true from what I’ve noticed, personally I’m not worried and all I use are RL16 and RL26.
What ever, just asking if anyone else has hear anything. I clearly stated where I first read it to be open..

tdhanses

WKR
Seems to me people love to spread rumors as much as they do panic buying. I heard a rumor Bidens going to ban Powder imports completely recently as well, is any powder even manufactured here?

Just think of the increase in price one could charge if they freaked people out with unsubstantiated rumors that powder was no longer to be made.

OP
mfllood3800
Seems to me people love to spread rumors as much as they do panic buying. I heard a rumor Bidens going to ban Powder imports completely recently as well, is any powder even manufactured here?

Just think of the increase in price one could charge if they freaked people out with unsubstantiated rumors that powder was no longer to be made.
not arguing that at all. When I first read the post on other forum, I wanted to know. Hence coming here. There are a ton of good sites but few like RS for real info.

OP
mfllood3800
I've been able to get H powders I use except Retumbo. I have H1000, H4350 in large quantities. Even Vit powders are somewhat easily found, in relation to todays shortages. I can't find RL powder any where. Online that is.

Rob5589

WKR
I've been able to get H powders I use except Retumbo. I have H1000, H4350 in large quantities. Even Vit powders are somewhat easily found, in relation to todays shortages. I can't find RL powder any where. Online that is.
Vit powders pop up quite a bit on the Discord app. R22 is tough to come by so I went with 23, which is basically the same but more temp stable. I haven't tried it yet. H1000 seems to be the most elusive unicorn currently.

OP
mfllood3800
Vit powders pop up quite a bit on the Discord app. R22 is tough to come by so I went with 23, which is basically the same but more temp stable. I haven't tried it yet. H1000 seems to be the most elusive unicorn currently.
I am finding a lot of powders and bullets daily on Discord, but that doesn't mean I get them. Some notices are alerted and I am instantly on it, and stuff is already sold out. Oh well, I have a lot of components but really wanted to try RL23.

TomJoad

WKR
Our industry is aware of a lot of new chemistry that is being evaluated for inclusion on a new list in Sweden for consumer heath concerns. I’m guessing this is the same list as there are literally thousands of chemicals being evaluated. Chemicals in my area are used in anti-microbial treatments for fabrics but this touches most industries. Based on my knowledge of this list this is more about labeling for consumer concern not outright bans in most cases. This is also not a “light switch”. There will be time for evaluation, legislation and transition to better chemistry where available.

My advice is to not panic. The gun industry loves panic as it drives, shortages, feverish hoarding and major profits. My industry is good on our chemicals until 2025 for European distribution maybe beyond. There are no issues for US distribution for the moment in our area. Finally this isn’t insane government overreach on Sweden’s part. They are following research on harmful effects of different types of chemicals on people. It’s about health, safety and science.