RL26 Dirty Barrel Phenomena

JakeSCH

WKR
I have about 200 rounds down range with my 6.5 PRC using RL26 since its last barrel cleaning. When I took it to the range last week, I noticed a cloud of dark residue after I had fired. The accuracy was still well below 1 MOA but it still seemed like a good time to clean it....but I never got around to it.

Fast forward to today, my buddy (after we had shot his CLYMR in 6.5 PRC) was watching me fire and his jaw drops. He says, "dude I think I am loosing my mind, because I can see your bullet all the way to the target". After firing a couple more, I noticed another guy on the range joined my buddy both being able to see a 3200 FPS bullet in flight.

So I got up and let him shoot a 3 shot group to see what he was talking about. Sure enough, the dirty residue followed the bullet all the way to the 100y target. You could see it forming all the way down...looking back I should have done a slow motion video of it.

Has anyone experienced this before?

bamagun

FNG
I havent noticed anything like this.. If anything, RL26 seems to be really clean compared to the 500 series from Vhit.. A video of that would be pretty interesting to see...