Rms clicker

oldgoat

WKR
Mine came in today, cant get it dialed in as of yet, any tips on getting it in the right spot? Im afraid im actually overthinking my grip...
Most guys are mounting at the upper portion of the grip before it dives off into the deepest part of the grip, that didn't work for me on my bow, I had to mount it lower because of how I set my hand due to arthritis in my thumb. I kind of have to hold my hand cupped around it then once I get my aim, I push and pull. But yeah, give them a call mid week, they are the experts!

Kentucky

WKR
I have never used a clicker on any kind.
i see how, and understand a limb clicker works. This grip clicker deal on the other hand seems like it would be exceptionally difficult to correctly set, with the difference in weight and grips, and draw sequences..just reminds me or one of those grip sere doohickeys.

but hey, I’ve never used one so...just my opinion..

am I wrong about this?

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
I've been curious about this as well. I'm a recurve shooting newbie and I love my limb mounted clicker. I just can't figure out how this clicker will work the same for all draw weights and lengths. I'm a short draw guy @ 26" using 45# limbs. How does this clicker work the same for me as a t Rex as it does for some of you monkey arms?

sndmn11

WKR
It will click at the same pressure applied every time. You initially need to move it around on the grip of your bow to find where the correct spot for you is. In other words, if you had a 70# and a 40# bow, you would have it positioned differently on each bow.

Different points of your grip progressively absorb the pressure on the draw as it occurs. When you reach your full draw, there is some point of interface between your hand and the bow that the pressure equals what is needed to make the device click. You just have to fiddle by moving the device around and find that spot.

The catch is though that you have to have a consistent grip, otherwise you will be chasing your tail.

I have never used a clicker on any kind.
i see how, and understand a limb clicker works. This grip clicker deal on the other hand seems like it would be exceptionally difficult to correctly set, with the difference in weight and grips, and draw sequences..just reminds me or one of those grip sere doohickeys.

but hey, I’ve never used one so...just my opinion..

am I wrong about this?

Clickers are not complicated, neither are grip sears. They are simple mechanical systems that demand a consistent human operator. Whether you use them with good form or bad, any clicker system requires a level of consistent force application to behave the same way every shot. This is one of two important things a clicker provides, the other being a cue to loose the string.

This RMSGear clicker actually is going to be more forgiving of poor form, because it only requires that your bow hand keeps increasing pressure towards the target. You don't even need to get your alignment right on the backside every shot.

Reactions: GMC

dennis502

FNG
I've been using the RMS Solid Grip Trigger for the past couple of weeks on two different bows.

Like others have said, it's not a direct replacement for a conventional limb-mounted clicker. It will never offer a precise check on a consistent draw length.

It does, however, function well as a mechanoreceptor that allows you to focus on your shot sequence. I find it worthwhile.