RMS cutthroat vs Bone

quibton

FNG
Anybody have experience with these heads? Good, bad, ugly? I used kudu point last season with great results and have considered going expandable next year, but I just have a love for fixed heads and reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronc

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using the cutthroats for about 4 or 5 years now. So far they have worked flawlessly. I curled the tip on one by hitting a cement block during practice. The only bone I’ve hit is the ribs on an elk and a deer. Both times the broadhead just needed a little sharping.
They do need sharpened right out of the box. I haven’t had any tuning problems either.

OP
Q

quibton

FNG
I’ve been using the cutthroats for about 4 or 5 years now. So far they have worked flawlessly. I curled the tip on one by hitting a cement block during practice. The only bone I’ve hit is the ribs on an elk and a deer. Both times the broadhead just needed a little sharping.
They do need sharpened right out of the box. I haven’t had any tuning problems either.

How were flight characteristics of these? The kudus fly awesome with minimal tuning.

Bronc

Lil-Rokslider
How were flight characteristics of these? The kudus fly awesome with minimal tuning.

So far, everyone has spun perfectly. I’ve had to adjust my rest slightly to get them to hit with my field points. I’ve never shot kudus, so I can’t compare them.

jaximus

FNG
im not much into the single bevels, but the guys that i know that love them, really have taking a liking to the the cutthroats. they have good steel and i believe the edge geometry is better. when they start talking beyond that, i tend to not listen, but i know the clear choice to them is cutthroats over bone.

Cut throat.
We’ve had reports of 2 Bone Broadheads shredding after impact. One of them was on a message board. One of the pros shot a buffalo. The broadhead edge was 100% destroyed and shredded.
That is unacceptable, especially in a broadhead “space” where tough and bone breaking are pretty much the separating features of a single bevel. It’s not all hype, on an adult arrow, they do just that.
I contacted the owners. They say “if the animal is dead, we are fine”.
Ok - you win.
But, cut throat is your winner.

Self Promotion here.
On the Ranch Fairy channel, multiple animals killed with singe bevels. No shredding.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 85