RMS cutthroat wide and 3 blade

oldgoat

WKR
The three blades are supposed to be on the way from their manufacturer, that was as of last Thursday, so they may be there, will be some turnaround time packaging etc. Wide blade is still a little further off, Corona isn't helping with any of it I think. Hoping to run one of the 3 blade models through a Big Horn Ewe next week.

oldgoat

WKR
If you follow Alex on Instagram, he has pictures that are in what ever you call the part that's not stories. I'll see if I can dig them up, talking about the 3 blade not the wide cut.

Tartan

WKR
481CD684-C226-4413-B920-642C99731CD6.jpeg

here’s a pic of the wide Next to the standard. It is over a year old, so I’m not sure if it’s changed at all. I still want to pick some up, but this year I’ll have 3 solid iron wills and 3 wides in the quiver.

NoRush24

Lil-Rokslider
Not to side track but I’m having a hell of a time sharpening my cutthroats. If someone could pm me a solid method or sharpening kit. Would be much appreciated!

NoRush24

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome thanks! I called rms the other week and asked about the 3 blades they said before season. It’s getting down the the wire now.

oldgoat

WKR
As mentioned the kme works well. I got a paper wheel set for my grinder and I can get them shaving sharp much faster than with the kme.
I have two 1" vertical belt sanders, one with 400 grit sandpaper and the other has a leather stropping belt, shaving sharp from dull using both sanders in a minute or touched up in seconds with just the leather belt.

Grabwad

Lil-Rokslider
I’d really like to try those wide cut heads. Hope they come out before the season.

I’ve had good success with Abowyer’s wide single bevel but I need a 200gr head. This looks to be just what I need.