RMSG

OP
Page Master
Thank you! (Thanks @oldgoat). Appointment, flight and a cheap Airbnb will be money well spent come next year when I take the struggle stick out for it's maiden hunt.

Yep, I called about a month ahead to set the appointment I believe. I don't think they were that booked out, but I wanted to be sure I could get in while I was out there.

sndmn11

WKR
Thank you! (Thanks @oldgoat). Appointment, flight and a cheap Airbnb will be money well spent come next year when I take the struggle stick out for it's maiden hunt.

To be frank, you might want to not get your arrows setup before then, because you might see a difference between before and after that new shafts are needed.

OP
Page Master
I got a bunch of miles to burn. Been thinking of getting an appointment.

Relearn what all I thought I knew.

Easy to get to Denver

Yeah Denver is pretty easy going. That is the good thing about living in the geographic center of the country, I can get anywhere in about the same time/distance. It was cool to learn quite a bit hands on instead of through videos. We do not have a lot of that where I am.

ktowncamo

WKR
To be frank, you might want to not get your arrows setup before then, because you might see a difference between before and after that new shafts are needed.
Good idea and great point. I purchased Solid Archery Mechanics on The Push and plan to start that to get going. With the right start, in lieu of getting to Denver sooner, I have a Hoyt Buffalo with Formula F7 limbs and a basic set up of Beman Trad arrows (6) that I'll use to get the ball rolling with ultimate flexibility to scrap my set up and get a new one based on what I learn and experience. As someone else mentioned in this thread, it could take thousands invested to get honed in on the right bow and arrow setup. Thankfully in my line of work I have some good contacts so that could make it a bit easier than if I was an electrician, doctor, engineer or whatever else.

In the end, it's a worthy investment if I spend the next 20 years shooting trad bows and teaching my son (17) and daughter (11) who are highly interested in shooting recurve.

I haven't been this excited about the mechanics and gear of archery in a while. I am looking forward to the struggle and the learning. One shot at a time.