Road kill bonanza!

Elk97

WKR
My son called earlier today and said he'd just got done breaking down a roadkill cow moose in SE MT. He was on the way to work and saw what he thought was a dead elk along the road so he turned around and checked it out. It was fairly cold out and it looked like it was fresh, smelled fresh when he cut into it. So he broke it down and his wife came to pick up the quarters to take home. Cops stopped and said it looked like a lot of good meat, move the gut pile and carcass, have a good day. Looking forward to some moose steaks! Even as a resident he'll probably never draw a moose tag.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
A good friend of mine, who is now sadly gone, was know as roadkill Mike. He live outside of Ft. Wayne IN. He was notified by the local authorities if their was a salvageable roadkill in his area. He would sometimes even leave work at the GM plant to go pick up the dead animal and put in his cold storage util he got off work and was able to attend to it. He would come up to Wi. every year when I was back there for our annual deer/Grouse hunt. On more then one occasion we would come across a dead deer and he would get out to see if it was still salvageable, if so he would take it and butcher it and take the good meat. The place we staid in had cold storage for their hunters during deer season. Years ago that wasn't legal in Wi. but laws changed.

My son called earlier today and said he'd just got done breaking down a roadkill cow moose in SE MT. He was on the way to work and saw what he thought was a dead elk along the road so he turned around and checked it out. It was fairly cold out and it looked like it was fresh, smelled fresh when he cut into it. So he broke it down and his wife came to pick up the quarters to take home. Cops stopped and said it looked like a lot of good meat, move the gut pile and carcass, have a good day. Looking forward to some moose steaks! Even as a resident he'll probably never draw a moose tag.
That’s a heck of a way to get a moose👍

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
Laws were changed here in Oregon recently and I was able to bring home a forked horn last winter. Good eating