Road trip

Jmort1754

WKR
The girl friend told me she wants to take a 2 week road trip next summer.

We are leaving from western PA.
She wants to hike glacier lake and the bad lands.
Any input ?

Legend

WKR
Not sure which glacier lake or which badlands you are referring to. Badlands are amazing in early spring around mid May. If you are in the badlands in May you should go for a hike before the sunrise and listen to the birds as the sun comes up....blow your mind cool! Teddy Roosevelt park in North Dakota is a great set of badlands. Or Makoshika in Montana.

As for glacier lake if it is in glacier park it will be crowded in the summer. Earlier is better to avoid crowds but snow can limit your access until July.

bozeman

WKR
Was in Glacier in mid July, Fri Sat and Sun. It crowded at all (surprised), but by Tue, our last day, could hardly find a spot to park anywhere. Glacier is unbelievable and you need to go at least once. Badlands, Custer, Mt Rushmore we’re all enjoyable. Go! Be safe!!

grfox92

WKR
I'm sure your referring to Badlands in SD. It's awesome for sight seeing.

If your camping bison may come through your camp in the middle of the night. Lots of rattlesnakes in those rocky areas also.

You will be close to the Black Hills which is another good camping spot. We did both back to back last summer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
Mid July in the Badlands can be rough for camping. Plenty of places to stay in Wall.

I think being out there when it's hot and windy is it's own kind of special though.

def90

WKR
The girl friend told me she wants to take a 2 week road trip next summer.

We are leaving from western PA.
She wants to hike glacier lake and the bad lands.
Any input ?

Well, sounds like you just need to hit I90 and go west... You can see a couple months worth of stuff just by following that road and making random stops along the way.