Roadless area, Colorado

Txbownut

FNG
In my opinion, the only thing worse than somebody driving around the gates is somebody that would vandalize someone else's truck or potentially leave them stranded. Dumb $hit doesn't fix other dumb $hit. Call the authorities and leave him a cordial note telling him the warden has been notified. Maybe he will think twice or grow up before he does it again. We've all done dumb $hit, but that doesn't mean we have to continue to do it. Sorry OP that your original question got side tracked.

No not Wilderness Areas, but it is called Roadless Areas.
Designated Roadless Areas can be confusing but plan on not being able to drive through them in most cases. Unlike designated Wilderness, "temporary" roads can still be constructed in "Roadless" areas for industry purposes such as logging, energy development, or things like a Ski Area expansion. The repealing of the Roadless Rule for logging in the Tongass National Forest is a good current example of this.

From a recreational user's standpoint, many of these areas are indeed closed to recreational motorized traffic despite your maps showing what looks like an open 4wd route or similar. Once you get there however you may find gates, berms pushed up by tractors, large boulder blockades, or simply those flimsy brown carsonite markers that indicate only foot and horse traffic beyond it. I've found that the average Forest Service or BLM employee can't even tell me for sure where I can and can't take vehicles in these areas when I point to them on their own maps. The best thing to do is get in there and scout. It will save you from a ticket or . . some dude removing your valve stems.

Beendare

WKR
The GW's can't control what goes on in Thousands of miles of backcountry.

We were moving locations into other Archery Elk spot a few years back and stopped at the forest office to talk to the GW. First thing he said is that in the area we were going there are a bunch of guys driving on closed roads and if we see them to call him.

Sure enough, it was a highway back there. GW's aren't going to stop folks from doing that....but other hunters can.

______