WTS/WTT Robertsonscoot SCAMMER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pay pal won't cover anything firearm related even if it's not F&F. You can pay the fee all you want but unless you can somehow try to show proof with out it being related then you may be SOL

Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Either way nearly every member on here is requesting F&F. Add the PayPal fee yourself if your worried about it or build it in to the price instead of asking other members to give up and protection if your good seller IMO. The time you don't think it will matter it will. Or use Venmo.
Man the 1099 for over $600 a year total has been talked about so much on here how can a single person not know about it.
And who has all there receipts and records to prove a loss. And if you've never been audited trust me they are not gonna take your work for it.

Venmo is owned by PayPal by the way. And if you contact them about anything firearms related they will lock your account and not cover you.

OP
S

Sarinder

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He tried to scam me as well on a pair of binos. I knew it was a lie when he refused to meet me locally.

Additionally, anyone who asks to immediately take the conversation offline, or offers to show their drivers license, is likely a scammer. In this case, the license he was showing was already an expired license — easy to see it was a fraud.
I agree 100 percent now, however I didn’t realize the License was expired at the time. It’s my own fault I fell for the stupidity, I’ve bought hundreds of things from other groups and have never been scammed but this one was harder to catch than most for me.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I agree 100 percent now, however I didn’t realize the License was expired at the time. It’s my own fault I fell for the stupidity, I’ve bought hundreds of things from other groups and have never been scammed but this one was harder to catch than most for me.
This is a good lesson. Scammers are getting smarter. We have to be extra vigilant.

atmat

WKR
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
One thing I do is ask to meet locally wherever they are. Say you’re traveling there for work, or have a sibling who lives there. If they refuse to meet locally, you can guarantee it’s a scam.

505Wapiti

WKR
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
He tried to scam me as well on a pair of binos. I knew it was a lie when he refused to meet me locally.

Additionally, anyone who asks to immediately take the conversation offline, or offers to show their drivers license, is likely a scammer. In this case, the license he was showing was already an expired license — easy to see it was a fraud.
Off line isn’t always a bad thing. Everything I’ve bought or sold on here I’ve communicated via phone conversation or text outside of the forum. For me it was just another avenue for vetting the person out to see if they were legit or not. Fortunately I’ve only had great people here to deal with. It’s sad that one person can ruin it for so many.

atmat

WKR
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Off line isn’t always a bad thing. Everything I’ve bought or sold on here I’ve communicated via phone conversation or text outside of the forum. For me it was just another avenue for vetting the person out to see if they were legit or not. Fortunately I’ve only had great people here to deal with. It’s sad that one person can ruin it for so many.
It’s not inheritently a bad thing. And I’ve taken conversations offline eventually. But when people reach out strictly with “please contact me at EMAIL/PHONE for more info,” that’s usually a scam.

505Wapiti

WKR
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
It’s not inheritently a bad thing. And I’ve taken conversations offline eventually. But when people reach out strictly with “please contact me at EMAIL/PHONE for more info,” that’s usually a scam.
Agreed.

Rob5589

WKR
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Has nothing to do with being a good seller. Has to do with the 600 dollar max for goods and services and the tax implications.
People have been asking for F&F well before the recent tax changes.

Any more it's safer to spend a few extra bucks and buy from a legit business.

SwiftShot

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Someone else just posted the same guy got him for a pair of Binos 2500. Talked the kid up and got him to use friends and family so there was no hold on PayPal. When some ask for that BIG Flag.

atmat

WKR
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Is there any added protections when using credit card through paypal?
Not through PayPal itself, but you can try to get your credit card to complete a chargeback. They’d probably require evidence of your attempts to get a refund, though.

WoodBow

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Dang this sucks a lot. I saw where he got another member for $2500. Did you request pics with item, name, and date?

Scary to think of people hacking into real user accounts. I have traditionally put a lot of stock into how long a member has been around and their past activity.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OCHO505

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Has nothing to do with being a good seller. Has to do with the 600 dollar max for goods and services and the tax implications.
Its inevitable man you buy and sell its happening. Its for the whole year not per transaction. Its unfortunate and I don't agree with it but it is what it is. Open a small business up so can write off only possible option IMO. Its just on every forum to not do this. If you want to communicate with buyer off the thread and both feel good that is different. I don't think it should just be posted every add. Whatever works for the group I guess... I tried to avoid this selling bows, guns and riffles and I gave up. Good luck for everyone it sucks but that is the way things are now and days.

snopro176

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
It doesn't stop here, my buddy who I talked into signing up for rokslide last month just got scammed by this dickbag for $750 as well, same mo, pretents to be a Oklahoma detrctive

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It doesn't stop here, my buddy who I talked into signing up for rokslide last month just got scammed by this dickbag for $750 as well, same mo, pretents to be a Oklahoma detrctive

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
The guy was pretending to be an Oklahoma detective?? Trust me, I'm a cop.... He's definitely not a cop!! What a scumbag

atmat

WKR
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Scammers gonna scam. Anyone could’ve called OKC police station and asked to speak to the detective. Part of due diligence if paying F&F.