Robin sage excercise

prm

WKR
Why would a training exercise that has been run for decades make you wonder about our direction? Serious question?

OP
B
Just the concept of military pitted against who would be considered an insurgent.kind of like parents being labeled domestic terrorists by being concerned what their children are being taught

schmalzy

WKR
Just the concept of military pitted against who would be considered an insurgent.kind of like parents being labeled domestic terrorists by being concerned what their children are being taught

My understanding of Robin Sage is that it is 180 degrees opposite of what you are inferring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellsdw

WKR
I live in the area part of the exercise take place. Same type exercise that took place 20 years ago. Actually had a deputy mistakenly shoot a soldier during the exercise in the early 2000s

chindits

WKR
The funny thing is training for big wars that never happen takes away from the training for conflicts we routinely find ourselves in and that is typically counter insurgencies and nation building. So when ever you hear a politician say we are going to focus on the China or Russian threat, what they are really saying is we are going to defund the training and forces we typically use in real world conflicts. Because let’s face it, we are masters of not getting involved in total warfare and embracing the limited war where we all ask, “so what did we just accomplish here” when it’s over. No one is going to inconvenience the citizens of this nation with a total war. Of course they eventually lose their appetite for the small war and forget counter insurgency isn’t just a few deployments, it’s an adoption of a foster child that never leaves the house.

gearguywb

WKR
Robin Sage is a crucial part of training. Many of the locals that live in the area are well versed in it, and quite a few play key roles.

grfox92

WKR
My understanding of Robin Sage is that it is 180 degrees opposite of what you are inferring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. No offense to the OP but I think you are very confused on your interpretation here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’d never heard about robin save before. It sounds pretty awesome. Other than a cool shooting you because you tried to bribe him with fake money.

Roger t0hat men,thanks for the insight
@beachbunny

Robin Sage has been thematically similar since it’s inception in 1974. green beret candidates parachute or airlift in to areas in rural NC and work with a combination of “regular” army personnel, local law enforcement and local civilians to simulate the creation and training of an insurgency in a fictional country called Pine land. literally generations of locals participate And are compensated for the use of their land. It has become something of a community event. Farmers rent land and buildings. Local and regional law enforcement use it as a way to train tracking dogs And search teams. It remains the capstone exercise of the green beret training program and is arguably the most highly regarded unconventional warfare training event in the world.

not sure what the point of your comment was or what you may or may not know about Robin Sage or the Green Berets, but I would suggest you Do a bit of research. There are plenty of good, well written books that detail the actions and activities of robin sage and the rest of the Q course. When I went thru Robin Sage in 1996, I learnEd lessons that have proven invaluable both in my military career and later in life. It was one of the most extraordinary pieces of training I have ever participated in. - DOL

Last edited: