Rocky boots camo clothing first impression

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
first off I’m not a gear snob and nor have I ever reviewed anything. I have been slowly upgrading my kit over the last two years and it’s now almost all high end name gear with a few gaps I’ve been trying to fill.

Got an email the other day about a 25% off sale at rocky boots website and finally checked it out yesterday since I have gotten some killer deals in their clearance section in the past. Ordered a camo storm hoodie they had in their clearance section for $23 along with a couple things for my wife. Looked nice and at that price what’s to lose?

came in the mail today and I’m really impressed. It’s a poly/synthetic not merino like the rest of my kit. The camo pattern is their own venator patter that’s a kind of OCP / digital look. It’s very thin but will probably make a good turkey shirt/ sept deer as it came with a hood and built in face mask. Neat feature IMO. They claim it has their own anti scent treatment but only time will tell.

overall looks like a nice piece to add to my system at a price that I couldn’t pass up.
I’ll update on quality and actual field function after turkey season opens next week. I should add that the sizing is generous. I normally wear XL in other brands but got this in a large. Fits perfect.

link below for anyone else interested

3darcher2

Lil-Rokslider
How was the fit? I was looking at something like a Sitka Core Ltwt. Hoodie basically to go over a solid lightweight merino base layer for archery elk. I have a Sitka Mountain jacket if it’s cooler or I’m sitting a long time. The pattern looks OK. I just don’t want something loose/baggy. I’m a pretty big guy 6’5” and 275# (no that’s not muscle 🙄) and was planning on my usual 2X. You have me thinking, but I need the length too.

Have you worn it much since your original post?

3darcher2

Lil-Rokslider
I wound up getting one of these for about $30. Great buy. Fit was true to size, it held up great on my CO archery elk hunt, and was exactly what I was looking for. Going to be wearing it early season here in PA for whitetails as well.