ROKMAN extreme combo pack and gear....ON GOING review

Rob5589

WKR
I checked them out at the Sacramento ISE. I liked the harness system and the way the bag attached. I did not like the zippers or how the main pack zipper ran down the center. It looked like it would be a pita to pack, IMO. The attachment clips while quick and easy looked like a weak point under weight. The price was, unrealistic, to say the least. As a side note, the sales guy was very funny. He told me when my EXO falls apart in a couple years to come back 😕

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I checked them out at the Sacramento ISE. I liked the harness system and the way the bag attached. I did not like the zippers or how the main pack zipper ran down the center. It looked like it would be a pita to pack, IMO. The attachment clips while quick and easy looked like a weak point under weight. The price was, unrealistic, to say the least. As a side note, the sales guy was very funny. He told me when my EXO falls apart in a couple years to come back 😕

The weight and price point are my two biggest issues with this system as well.

Also, I wouldn't worry about your current pack. I haven't seen any EXO failures myself.

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider

I mean I guess he has to say something to sell to you, but I don't think you'll have any issues with the Exo.
For me, just going through the pack purchase process... 16lbs for 1500 dollars is gonna be a hard no. But maybe there is a market for them I'm not seeing.

Rob5589

WKR
I have no doubt the EXO will give me many years of service. The sarcasm just didn't come across I guess😁

Beendare

WKR
Good looking modular system, the best looking bags I've seen on ANY pack.

I tried one on at the Sportsmans show in Sac....and granted I'm hard to fit as I have a long torso...but it felt like the little bit of weight in it was held too far out away from my body. It could have been the weights they had...but it just didn't feel right to me.

For a point of reference you can get a custom made McHale, literally built for you and your back with demos mailed out, alot of back and forth, and Dan taking a close look and building for your specific shape.... for cheaper than this.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Excellent review and another example of what makes Rokslide great. Well done Randy! Thanks to Rokman for sending their system for a review!

Rob5589

WKR
Nice review. Confirmed my thoughts; heavy, expensive, and just kind of funky. Being made in China was a surprise.

ROKMAN here....If your buddy was not aware ROKMAN's warranty will replace any manufacture defects. Since this is a zipper failure we would be happy to warranty this and get your buddy a new pack. Have him reach out to us at [email protected] if he has any questions.

Nah... he trashed it and bought a Kifaru. Having more money than sense has it’s merits occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mwoody

WKR
Nah... he trashed it and bought a Kifaru. Having more money than sense has it’s merits occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So your buddy didn't use the warranty. They reach out to you on here when they read your comment and offer up a free bag and this is your response. Way to keep it classy. It's a new company putting out a new product. Road bumps are expected and the fact that they will back their product sounds stand up.

SCOGS

Lil-Rokslider
Joking aside, it's cool to see a company thinking outside of the box. Some interesting designs elements incorporated into the pack system for sure. I don't see a huge market for this system, but you never know. Everyone is looking for something different and we are fortunate to have so many high quality pack options available.

When I first saw this mentioned because of the name I thought it was rokslide putting out a line of packs etc.

Like Robby, Ryan etc put there heads together and came up with this. I was relieved that this wasn’t a rokslide effort.

It seems/ looks chineseey as can be. Like a hunter tried to explain to a Chinaman what he was looking for in a pack but didn’t have an accurate prototype for them to work off. This happens a lot with manufacturers- they often only understand manufacturing but have little to no understanding about the enduse / enduser of the products they make.. Tons of Chinese guitars out there that “look like” guitars but aren’t really because they can’t stay in tune or intonation can’t be set correctly etc etc etc.