ROKMAN extreme combo pack and gear....ON GOING review

mt100gr.

WKR
When I first saw this mentioned because of the name I thought it was rokslide putting out a line of packs etc.

Like Robby, Ryan etc put there heads together and came up with this. I was relieved that this wasn’t a rokslide effort.

It seems/ looks chineseey as can be. Like a hunter tried to explain to a Chinaman what he was looking for in a pack but didn’t have an accurate prototype for them to work off. This happens a lot with manufacturers- they often only understand manufacturing but have little to no understanding about the enduse / enduser of the products they make.. Tons of Chinese guitars out there that “look like” guitars but aren’t really because they can’t stay in tune or intonation can’t be set correctly etc etc etc.
Oh, and uh, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature.

This is travis Schneider, from Stuck N The Rut I met the rokman team at an expo this spring and I really liked the idea, although different I like guys that try and think outside the box. I have ran the rokman system this spring, bear hunting and so far have been impressed with the versatility, and comfort when heavily loaded. I have tried on or used most packs in the industry and I really think these guys have a great idea here. I’m looking forward to having this water proof system for a drop Alaskan hunt this year as it is usually almost impossible to keep all our gear dry. And when it gets bloody you can wash it in a creek or garden hose. Yes it is a heavier than some, I have found it’s worth the extra weight for comfort. Most real light weight pack loose there comfort when Heavey loaded. Also being water proof it will not absorb weight as it gets wet. I see a lot of comments this pack is 16# remember this is with 2 packs a pack Frame, Bino harness and shoulder straps. You strap all that together of a different brand I’m sure it will be comparable. I run the smaller day pack Most of the time for day hunts and the weight is not bad at all. I will defiantly put this system to the real test this fall and keep everyone posted but so far I’m very impressed

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
This is travis Schneider, from Stuck N The Rut I met the rokman team at an expo this spring and I really liked the idea, although different I like guys that try and think outside the box. I have ran the rokman system this spring, bear hunting and so far have been impressed with the versatility, and comfort when heavily loaded. I have tried on or used most packs in the industry and I really think these guys have a great idea here. I’m looking forward to having this water proof system for a drop Alaskan hunt this year as it is usually almost impossible to keep all our gear dry. And when it gets bloody you can wash it in a creek or garden hose. Yes it is a heavier than some, I have found it’s worth the extra weight for comfort. Most real light weight pack loose there comfort when Heavey loaded. Also being water proof it will not absorb weight as it gets wet. I see a lot of comments this pack is 16# remember this is with 2 packs a pack Frame, Bino harness and shoulder straps. You strap all that together of a different brand I’m sure it will be comparable. I run the smaller day pack Most of the time for day hunts and the weight is not bad at all. I will defiantly put this system to the real test this fall and keep everyone posted but so far I’m very impressed

Thanks for chiming in. Be sure and let us know how it goes, and Roksliders love pictures! You'll need more than one post to convince these guys, just sayin'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROKMAN

FNG
I checked them out at the Sacramento ISE. I liked the harness system and the way the bag attached. I did not like the zippers or how the main pack zipper ran down the center. It looked like it would be a pita to pack, IMO. The attachment clips while quick and easy looked like a weak point under weight. The price was, unrealistic, to say the least. As a side note, the sales guy was very funny. He told me when my EXO falls apart in a couple years to come back 😕
Hello Rob5589,
ROKMAN here, I appreciate you stopping and taking a look at our packs at the SC show. I wanted to let you know that our Core-Flex Harness has been tested at over 250lbs. More than most men can carry or want to carry. As Randy put in his review "Gorilla Proof". The buckles are some of the strongest buckles the market has to offer. Also if one of my sales associates made a comment like that about EXO they better have been joking. We respect the EXO crew. They make a solid system. Our pack isn't for everyone. But we have a lot of people that are liking what we have to offer. Thanks again for taking a look. If you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out. We love feed back. Good or bad we learn from it and improve.

ROKMAN

FNG
$1500 and made in China?! How else are they going to afford this ridiculous truck... :oops:

View attachment 97693
Hello SCOGS,
For $1,500 you get two pack (5000 & 2500 cubic inch), a carbon fiber packframe that weighs 3lbs, bino case, and a Core-Flex shoulder harness that can carry each piece individually or all of them at once. If you tried to piece that together with any other company you would be the same price or more. You don't have to by the whole system. You can simply buy a harness and pack for $599, or a bino case for $139. Not sure what you have against our big truck. If you drive a little car, or a truck that is fine. We don't hate. This is how we roll.

ROKMAN

FNG
When I first saw this mentioned because of the name I thought it was rokslide putting out a line of packs etc.

Like Robby, Ryan etc put there heads together and came up with this. I was relieved that this wasn’t a rokslide effort.

It seems/ looks chineseey as can be. Like a hunter tried to explain to a Chinaman what he was looking for in a pack but didn’t have an accurate prototype for them to work off. This happens a lot with manufacturers- they often only understand manufacturing but have little to no understanding about the enduse / enduser of the products they make.. Tons of Chinese guitars out there that “look like” guitars but aren’t really because they can’t stay in tune or intonation can’t be set correctly etc etc etc.
Hi juan trueno,

We love America also, and yes our products are made over seas. Like most of the items you are wearing in your profile picture were. There are lots of high end products made over seas. Randy is a perfect example of who our packs were designed for. I am sure he can clear up any questions you might have. He tested them out last fall on his deer hunt. Thanks for comments!

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
And still testing! Was hoping to be carrying a bear out but didn't shoot when I should have.
Frame works wonderfully for shed carrying also.

Randy

Frontiers

FNG
All right, I'm going to post this from a different perspective when we talk use case, realizing RokSlide is oriented on the Western Backcountry Hunter. Take a look at RokMan from the point of a pack that serves a backcountry fisherman, rafting, or better yet expeditions to remote and wet parts of the world (there's a joke there somewhere). In that lens they may have hit a home run (I acknowledge heavy). As far as expense goes take a look at Arcteryx LEAF, Watershed OTB Products, Halite Fenris, etc and you see it's not unreal (I quoted the Kifaru line with similiar specs and reached $1200 very quickly). The fact that ROKMAN incorporated TIZIP and true waterproof abilities into a load carriage package is unique not only among the backcountry world but expedition packs writ large (when I write expedition I'm not talking thru-hiking, I'm talking I rely on my gear to arrive dry or I'm in hypothermic situation). Honestly, it potentially competes with the best of maritime expedition products (LEAF, Watershed OTB). When we look at the weight of the Core Flex Harness with the 5000 Cu In bag we are talking 7.7 Lbs, this is in line with the Kifaru Tactical Duplex and Muskeg 5000 (one of their lighter packs) at 6.6 Lbs. Add a real dry bag (submersible) and you are close to a net gain with RokMan.

That said, the RokMan Frame I am skeptical off, though Randy's review highlights it's use, the design could be shorter to avoid brush and used as an attachment point for various bags similiar to Exo Mtn Gear. BL - its potentially one of the best integrated backcountry packs when water and cold are staples of the environement (they often are); add an oral inflation valve and kill the fact you get (3) nose hole items carriers with the whole kit (Frame, Pinnacle 5000, Pinnacle 2500) and you have a winner.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
All right, I'm going to post this from a different perspective when we talk use case, realizing RokSlide is oriented on the Western Backcountry Hunter. Take a look at RokMan from the point of a pack that serves a backcountry fisherman, rafting, or better yet expeditions to remote and wet parts of the world (there's a joke there somewhere). In that lens they may have hit a home run (I acknowledge heavy). As far as expense goes take a look at Arcteryx LEAF, Watershed OTB Products, Halite Fenris, etc and you see it's not unreal (I quoted the Kifaru line with similiar specs and reached $1200 very quickly). The fact that ROKMAN incorporated TIZIP and true waterproof abilities into a load carriage package is unique not only among the backcountry world but expedition packs writ large (when I write expedition I'm not talking thru-hiking, I'm talking I rely on my gear to arrive dry or I'm in hypothermic situation). Honestly, it potentially competes with the best of maritime expedition products (LEAF, Watershed OTB). When we look at the weight of the Core Flex Harness with the 5000 Cu In bag we are talking 7.7 Lbs, this is in line with the Kifaru Tactical Duplex and Muskeg 5000 (one of their lighter packs) at 6.6 Lbs. Add a real dry bag (submersible) and you are close to a net gain with RokMan.

That said, the RokMan Frame I am skeptical off, though Randy's review highlights it's use, the design could be shorter to avoid brush and used as an attachment point for various bags similiar to Exo Mtn Gear. BL - its potentially one of the best integrated backcountry packs when water and cold are staples of the environement (they often are); add an oral inflation valve and kill the fact you get (3) nose hole items carriers with the whole kit (Frame, Pinnacle 5000, Pinnacle 2500) and you have a winner.

thanks for your perspective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand guys buying products that are made in Wuhan when that is all that is available. In the case of quality backpacks, it isn’t the case. So I really don’t get why guys are buying packs made by a 5 year old China kid for pennys a day yet these packs exceed the cost of a pack made right here in the U S of A. Whether Badlands, Kuiu or Rokman, you guys ought to be making your stuff in America. Kifaru and Exo are proof it can be done........