Rokslide 2020 Best Youth Hunt Photo Contest, sponsored by Western Edge Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogdude

FNG
I guess the second photo is the 'official entry' but it's hard to convey the story of that experience in just one image. It was a great day for my 13 year old daughter but probably even moreso for her very proud dad.
😎

I don’t know if this qualifies since the OP states that the hunt must take place between September 1 and December 10, but my 17 Y/O son shot this little bull caribou with his bow in mid August of this year. 100% DIY hunt that he did with his two best buddies, on the north side of the Brooks Range.
5e508daf786af9ed48e0a143c765f34b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Elk830

FNG
I don’t know if this qualifies since the OP states that the hunt must take place between September 1 and December 10, but my 17 Y/O son shot this little bull caribou with his bow in mid August of this year. DIY hunt that he did with his two best buddies, on the north side of the Brooks Range.

Nice.

“Just” a doe but this was my daughter’s first deer that she did all on her own. She’s been busting her butt all fall with her bow and rifle holding out for a buck but she finally decided to take this doe.

I couldn’t be prouder.
d76e925bc8b1db1a8a2a5216018eb7f6.jpg

hunt1up

WKR
I tried to get my 9 year old daughter her first deer this season and during our youth firearm season but the weather sucked. I took her and my son to one of my blinds and set her up with a crossbow. After freaking out and missing a small buck, she later aced this nice doe. No mountain hunting for them yet but someday soon I’m sure. The first pic is my “official” entry.

8535f0e7974e827436e4e0207ccba30c.jpg

e6aa0d80a9dcf3ce8f4eb5b45b077d9a.jpg

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t know if this qualifies since the OP states that the hunt must take place between September 1 and December 10, but my 17 Y/O son shot this little bull caribou with his bow in mid August of this year. DIY hunt that he did with his two best buddies, on the north side of the Brooks Range.

We’ll qualify any animal taken in August too. Just an oversight on our part

fec3a7986b88b9d53893163dfafc6acc.jpg

Welcome to Rokslide’s 2020 Best Youth Hunt Photo Contest! This is the first year of the contest, and we are looking forward to some great entries that show the next generation of hunters out in the field. I have been working with Robby Denning and Steve Rude, the owner of Western Edge Gear (a Rokslide sponsor) to bring this contest to you and your youth hunter. Western Edge Gear has generously offered a complete youth pack with accessories to the photo that wins first place. The grand prize consists of a Bullion Butte package, complete with water bottle holder, gun bearer, accessory pouch, and reversible blaze orange panel pouch – a package total of over $450.

3f56b8fc0356ad1b133afb3d01a90c54.jpg

I will be reviewing and testing this exact setup with my son and daughter leading up to their Arizona elk hunt. The live review thread is here: https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thr...-pack-test-and-review-updated-9-18-20.187105/

After completion of the live review and test, the winner will receive the complete tested youth package!

The winning photo will be judged on the following criteria and rules:
1. WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes into account lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.
2. Composition. How is the photo arranged and balanced – is there too much or too little of the background/foreground, animal, subject, etc?
3. Animal size. This is not a biggest animal contest, but a best photo contest that captures your youth hunter in the field. In this case, the focus is on the youth hunter, not necessarily the animal – but if two pictures are equal, generally the more impressive animal will win the tie-breaker.
4. Must be a photo of your youth hunter in the field during the 2020 season (1 September -10 December 2020), involved in any kind of hunting – waterfowl, small game, big game, etc. The youth hunter must be 17 or younger during the 2020 fall hunting season.
5. Only one entry is allowed per member.
6. Finalists will be selected by Rokslide Staff, and the winner will be selected by Rokslide Members.
7. By posting photos on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and Western Edge Gear use the photos in promotional material without compensation.
8. Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.
This is Griffin (age 8)and Jereko (age 6) on their first western deer hunt with mom and dad. We live in MN. This trip we taught firearm safety and practiced shooting their Red Ryder's for the first time. They have had them since their first christmas (Family tradition). The deer hunt turned into a rabbit hunt for a few hours each day with successful harvest on our final day. Proud mom and dad memories of watching these hunts go down.

Attachments

• 20201121_105120.jpg
    20201121_105120.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.