Rokslide 2021 Youth Photo Contest, sponsored by Western Edge Gear

mcr-85

WKR
My little boy Quade notched his very first tag yesterday. The last trap to check of the day was his and he had his first bobcat caught in it. He was a happy little boy yesterday. It will be a great memory for both of us.

I had caught a coyote just down below this so it was even better to double up. He's a great trapping partner.
20211121_162044 (1).jpg

Last edited:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
After loosing her mom suddenly six weeks ago to a heart attack my daughter Bailey has hunted hard and stayed focused and was finally able to kill this great Indiana buck tonight. I am so damn proud of both of my kids.
View attachment 348976

Good for her and good on you Joel! Sorry for the loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03mossy

WKR
My 10 year old son and 13 year old daughter both shot a buck (first for my son) 12 mins apart from different stands in TN on Saturday. We were down visiting my wife’s parents for thanksgiving and were able to get out and do some hunting as well.

Attachments

• EDC40EED-484E-472D-ADBF-DA58D58889B7.jpeg
    EDC40EED-484E-472D-ADBF-DA58D58889B7.jpeg
    622.8 KB · Views: 58
OP
nodakian

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My 10 year old son and 13 year old daughter both shot a buck (first for my son) 12 mins apart from different stands in TN on Saturday. We were down visiting my wife’s parents for thanksgiving and were able to get out and do some hunting as well.
The pink outfit definitely add an extra measure of safety!

03mossy

WKR
The pink outfit definitely add an extra measure of safety!
Yeah she stands out! "Blaze pink" is legal in our home state of MN but not in TN where we were hunting. Threw an orange vest over it and called it good instead of buying new camo gear for her.

TravisIN

WKR
3c4efb40c51fa762accae17f596a90b9.jpg

My sons biggest buck. This isn’t a staged photo and I hesitate to post it bc I’m not a fan of staged “emotional” photos. This is just him, after he got it out of the creek himself ( watch the video ) checking out something he’s put a lot of time in for. Here’s the video of his hunt.

Masons Biggest Buck! Perfect Shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
nodakian

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Lots of good photos here. It's good to see kids getting outside and away from the computers and video games. Whether they know it or not, they all learned something, and they all built character and self esteem by accomplishing difficult and useful tasks. Thank you to all parents who give their kids these opportunities.

Since 2021 hunting seasons are wrapping up, here's a reminder to post any pictures you want in the contest. Pictures can be from any season through December 31. The last day to post will be January 15, after which the thread will be locked.

Good luck on any remaining hunts, and Merry Christmas.