Rokslide 2022 Weight Loss Thread

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
I am tracking my food for the first time in 60 years. I was just curious. I'm using the free version of the MyNetDiary app and it is super easy.

Great thread. I'll throw in. 49 yrs old 6'1" and 237lbs on Jan. 3rd. Weighed in this morning at 212.4. Goal is 187ish by 10/10.
- Tracking calories more so than anything. Keeping my count at 1992 calories per day. I have 1 or 2 cheat days on the weekend.
- Lift weights 4x a week
- Ride stationary bike 5x a week
- Weather allowing we have been hiking a couple of miles a week with 18lb backpack. Will increase each month in pack weight and frequency.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Down to 218.4 this morning. Tracking calories has been helping me keep with carnivore and paying more attention to what I eat

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Reactions: LLB

scott85

Lil-Rokslider
I’m late to game but I’ll jump in. I’m 36, 6’2” and 240 pounds. I got sideline last year because of serve migraines but I’ve seem to have a handle on them thanks to Botox. My goal is 200 pounds by bow season.

Last edited:

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
220 this morning, down 3 lbs since 3/6/22. Been on the road, thought I lost more than 3 lbs in 3 weeks but I'll take it. Still progressing in the right direction.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
Weight has been up and down a lot over the past couple of weeks. Don't really know what to pin the fluctuation on because diet has been steady. Nearly carnivore, no processed sugars, 16 hour fast, 1600-2000 calories a day. Going to use a couple different calorie counting apps this week to make sure my calories are not higher than what I am getting from my fitness pal.

Kid's sports started up last week so now my workout schedule is limited at best. I am not a morning person and I already get up and out of the house by 6:30 so I need to make some time during the day to get some exercise in.

Currently sitting at 237.4 but have yo-yo'd between 235-243 the last couple of weeks. Weather is starting to turn for the better and that helps to keep moving.

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
Down 7 lbs to 227 from my last post on 02/15/22. Sprained my knee snowboarding so my workouts have hit a wall. I can at least still run on the treadmill with a knee sleeve on. Going to keep doing that until it feels stable enough to do MTNtough workouts again. Can't wait to start doing stuff outside. Spring is allegedly here but it sure doesn't feel like it in Minnesota!

weighed in at 210.6 this morning. these last couple of weeks have been hard with the NCAA games going on. Probably killed 40 Busch Lights last weekend. LOL. Ughh! Still making progress though!

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I final broke below 190 this morning. Still have 10 pounds to go.

Fatcamp

WKR
Down 14 pounds since 2/28. Stronger, feel way better in the pool. Sleeping better.

I held 15# of hamburger in the store today as example to myself of what's been lost, and looked at a pile of what still needs to go. Very interesting.

BravoNovember

Lil-Rokslider
Just getting back into fitness and heath, after a few years of dealing with depression, drinking way to much and eating like crap. I will be utilizing the Mtntough App as work out guide. 208 lbs this morning at 5'9". will post an update after 30 days or so. Need this change in life to get ready for the Co mountains and to be heathy as my daughter grows up.

Elest98

FNG
Last year I got into running a lot (25+ miles a week). Well I stopped in October and it made me balloon up 30 pounds. I started 75 hard 43 days ago with a meat based/ carnivore ish diet and I’ve lost 17 pounds. Elk hunting has inspired this as well.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Still hovering around the 220 mark. Strength continues to improve in the gym, and my mile times are slowly dropping. I'm feeling good about where I'm at. My clothes are fitting better too.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Have been doing full carnivore for about 2 weeks now. I was 194.4 on 3/29, now I am at 187.4 as of today. I eliminated alcohol in Oct. 21. I think eliminating sugary carbs and processed foods is key. Many people are addicted to them and don't even realize it. I was.

zman88

FNG
I have also recently tried to cut out sugary carbs and processed foods. Mostly trying to eat animal based, white rice, and sweet potatoes. I started at 225, down to 213 this morning, hoping to be around 190 this September.

Luked

WKR
I'm jumping in on this one also. Maybe that will help me out
Right now I'm 5'10" and 225lb lardo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm jumping in on this one also. Maybe that will help me out
Right now I'm 5'10" and 225lb lardo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Last year I jumped in and failed utterly. This year has gone much better, so far. Still have a little way to go though and then to maintain.

The biggest help for me have been accurately tracking calorie intake and accepting that feeling hungry is just fine.

Excersize is great (and lets me eat more), but your brain just tells you to eat enough to make up the calorie deficit. Which explains why excersize alone did not lead to weight loss for me last year.

Break the rock!

kparrott

Lil-Rokslider
Just getting back into fitness and heath, after a few years of dealing with depression, drinking way to much and eating like crap. I will be utilizing the Mtntough App as work out guide. 208 lbs this morning at 5'9". will post an update after 30 days or so. Need this change in life to get ready for the Co mountains and to be heathy as my daughter grows up.

You are similar to me. 5’8”, 208lbs, I stress eat and eat junk food, and just finished the MTNTOUGH KB20 workout. Down 8lbs but mobility and strength are way better than where I was a month ago. The programs if tough and kicked my butt, but it paid off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk