Rokslide 2022 Weight Loss Thread

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm below 185 pounds now. I'm running further than I have in years (not fast, because every time I push for speed I end up injured).

I had a few days this week when I felt like eating everything in sight and staying within my calorie limit was hard. Knowing to expect this helped. In the past, I assumed feeling hungry meant I needed to eat.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
April was an extremely busy month. I was able to at least get to the gym and get some miles in, however, my diet has been garbage. I'm up to 228.4 as of this morning. A buddy challenged me to a goal of 210 by August 1. So, I'm now motivated (and have a financial incentive) to make the weight loss happen.

Luked

WKR
I'm jumping in on this one also. Maybe that will help me out
Right now I'm 5'10" and 225lb lardo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Weighed this morning and I'm at 215.
Not positive how accurate my original number of 225 was but it was close.
Still fighting thr battle of eating better and exercising.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
Early May Check-in. Been consistently hanging in the low to mid 230s since March. I started incorporating jogging into my weekly workouts. (wanted to be below 230 to start) Been a little slow going getting started but did a couple miles last night and felt pretty good. Diet has been good. Still 95% carnivore with random greens/broccoli thrown in. Going in for annual physical in a couple weeks. Very curious to see how my bloodwork comes back. Been eating primarily animal based diet for last 90 days or so. Need to dial in my total calorie intake vs current exercise program to get the weight loss to improve. Still pushing to get below 220 by 7/4 and then keep dropping to get around 200 by the end of the year. Body does feel a lot better now vs at the beginning of the year. Keep after it!

6’5” - 205 lb. Weighed almost 270 this time last year. Completely cut out alcohol and started eating healthier. Recently started the mtn tough 30-30 program to build up some strength. Im a very active person with work, farming and hobbies but I havent “worked out” in 10 years other than weighted hikes etc. Feeling like a million bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Been a while since I posted here. Actually up 5 lbs but still running, body weight exercises, etc. Currently 225, am going to really tighten up my diet,I have a 5k race in July.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
182 this morning. Goal was 180, but still have an inch or so of fat on my gut, so changing the goal to 170.

28 pounds lost, 12 more to go. I figure long term I'll shoot for holding between 170 and 175.

Losing weight is expensive. I dropped 2 pant sizes and one top size. Replacing all the clothing, especially hunting stuff, is getting out of control. Im half tempted to get fat again .

Fatcamp

WKR
Losing weight is expensive. I dropped 2 pant sizes and one top size. Replacing all the clothing, especially hunting stuff, is getting out of control. Im half tempted to get fat again .

I kept all my clothes from prior thinness. Every so often I get new clothes without spending money. 😀

Last week I figured out my Sitka Jetstream fit.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Been a minute, but I'm tentatively back on the carnivore diet and upped my running/riding. Was 224.6 this morning. Which puts me down 7.4 pounds. Lifts are still improving, and cardio is holding steady.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Reactions: LLB
I have been a consistent 220# now. Still some more work to go however finding time has been difficult. Fortunately I know what I need to do.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: LLB

IM4MOPAR

FNG
Started in March at 275, 6'4", down to 242, cut out processed food, high carb, sugary foods , added fruit in the morning , more veggies, walking and cut out a lot of salt after seeing the difference it made in my BP. Shooting for 225-230, haven't seen that since '92

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
178 lbs this morning (down 32 lbs since January). Lots of activity has helped, I ran 26 miles on Friday last week. So, I'm also fitter than I have been since 19 years old (15 years ago).

Getting enough protein while maintaining a calorie restriction is more challenging than I expected. So many good protein sources include a lot of fat (such as eggs) or a lot of carbs (such as beans). I started making skyr as it has a high protein to carbs/fat ratio, but finally had to give in and start using protein powder. Given the high amounts of activity, I'm shooting for 1.8 to 2.5 grams of protein per Kg of body weight per day.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Been all over the place. Slacked off a little over Memorial Weekend and put some weight and water weight back on. May 31 I weighed 231.2lbs. I've been strict carnivore since then and this morning weighed in at 217.4. for the past week I have been doing 400 calorie meals whenever I'm hungry. This equates to every 3-6 hours and eating between 7am and 6pm. I'll find myself somewhere between 1000 and 1600 calories per day.

Typical meals are either 6-8 strips of bacon, one quarter pound 73/27 burger with 1 egg, 6 eggs, or two cans of sardines in oil.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk