Rokslide 2022 Weight Loss Thread

270quest

WKR
Probably should start one....I was a chump last year and its not happening again - especially with some very physical hunts planned assuming I draw tags.

Age 36 - 5'11" - Goal - 190 by August 2022 (Weight when I was 22-24 playing professional baseball)

On Jan 2nd - 269 - the highest I have ever weighed my life

Jan 14th - 258

zalia

FNG
Wow I have had the same issue. I am 6'0, 39 years old, up to 208 in December 2021 (highest in my life as well). I have a thin build so for me it's definitely overweight.

I started this Keto diet over two weeks and and I'm currently at 195. I've seen a lot of articles and info on it. Seems legit. Then again I have a friend at the hospital who told me it's "horrible for you".

Sadler

WKR
I’ll join in. I’m 5’8 and I started working on my weight early last year and started at 220. Pretty thick lol. Now I’m 180ish and my goal is 170. Lots of running, calisthenics and a keto type diet with a lot of elk meat involved.

Laramie

WKR
Anyone got any meal/nutritional plans they'd like to share?
It's really not hard. I lost 70 lbs 3 years ago. Stop drinking if you do. Lay off anything processed. Eat all the meat and veggies you want. Nothing fried. If you eat carbs, make them natural carbs that aren't fried. Almonds, eggs, and dried meat for snacks between meals. Eat something good frequently and drink a lot of water.

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
My eating has been very similar to what Laramie posted. My vice is soda, so I have been cutting them back to 1 per day then soon hopefully off completely...Also, really big on the intermittent fasting and eating windows. No food past 6-7pm when possible and not eating again until at least Noon the following day.

BenchToField

Lil-Rokslider
Started my weight loss journey on 10/1/2021 at 261 lbs. As of 2/15/2022 I'm sitting at 229.4. Not 100% sure what my final target weight is as of now. I have my MyFitnessPal goal set at 215. I have had the best results when I stay consistent on logging calories. The weeks I'm not consistent, I may only lose 1 lb to a 1/2 lb instead of my 2 lb per week goal.

Reactions: LLB
Don't think I need to lose much just need to turn it into muscle again. 33 yrs old. 5 foot 5 . 175#. Getting a bit of a belly on me . I guess my goal is to just trim up and get my cardio back to normal.

*zap*

WKR
65 yoa. 6', 195#, 34" waist...my advice would be to get off all processed foods and establish a baseline low intensity cardio program that you do while in a fasted state almost every day. I do mine before eating monday thru friday. Intermittent fasting also works....eat all your food in 6-8 hours most days, that will also increase release of good hormones.

The liss done daily while fasted will make your body burn fat if you keep the intensity below the glucose release heart rate....so, every day your burning right off your body fat a little bit....as you can increase the duration of that liss you burn more every day..that all adds up and becomes a consistent thing which can help offset minor slips in diet...while providing up to 1# a week of actual body fat loss...not body weight loss but fat loss.

I think it is best to focus on body fat loss and increasing lean muscle mass which means adding in a good strength training program. Make dietary changes consistent by taking your time to get that done so it becomes a sustainable change.

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
39 years old 6' 2". December 1 I was 218 lbs. Cardio sucked. I hadn't lifted weights in 2 years. Hadn't run more than 1/2 mile in 10 years. My calves cramped easily. My water intake was mainly from beer.

Goals for 2022: 200 pounds, run 5k's better than the average 30 year old times, regain lost flexibility, and rebuild my upper body strength and definition. I'd be perfectly happy at 215 if it meant fat off my waist and more upper body mass; but I'm content being built like a runner or swimmer as opposed to a linebacker. :)
Started lifting again and running minimum 1 mile every other day. January 10th I ran a 5k in 29 minutes which was my 1 month goal for running, a 5k in 30 minutes. Had to take a few days off from running and lifting due to getting Covid on the 12th, but I'm back on the treadmill starting tonight.
My weight this morning was 206. My knees feel surprisingly good for nearly 40 and the abuse they took in high school sports and from ATVs and snowmobiles in my 20's.

I cut 10-12 beers and 3-4 ounces of bourbon a week out of my diet. Back on a daily multi-vitamin, having a protein bar for breakfast instead of something full of carbs. After running & or lifting, I have a smoothie - protein powder, 1 banana, 8 oz milk, and a few strawberries or rasberries all blended together.
Trying to bring more lunches to work rather than hitting one of the fast food places. Try not to have any pop during the week.

I love knowing if I wake up a little sore in the morning, it's probably from exercise rather than lack of exercise.

BrentH

WKR
I’ll join in to help hold myself accountable.

I’m 36 (37 in April), 5’7” and started 1/1/22 at 200lbs (most I’ve ever weighed). Goal is to get back down to 160-165.

Starting January 1, I cut out alcohol completely. My long term plan isn’t to quit drinking forever, but I needed to do something. I’ve committed to no alcohol for at least the month of January, and actually it has been pretty easy.

Been riding the Peloton quite a bit, and once we have some decent weather, will mix in other forms of cardio/strength training.

No crazy diets. Just watching what I am eating and portion sizes.

As of today, 1/19/22, I am 192lbs. Could be lower, but I wasn’t very good on my eating plan this last weekend.

Heath423

Lil-Rokslider
65 yoa. 6', 195#, 34" waist...my advice would be to get off all processed foods and establish a baseline low intensity cardio program that you do while in a fasted state almost every day. I do mine before eating monday thru friday. Intermittent fasting also works....eat all your food in 6-8 hours most days, that will also increase release of good hormones.

The liss done daily while fasted will make your body burn fat if you keep the intensity below the glucose release heart rate....so, every day your burning right off your body fat a little bit....as you can increase the duration of that liss you burn more every day..that all adds up and becomes a consistent thing which can help offset minor slips in diet...while providing up to 1# a week of actual body fat loss...not body weight loss but fat loss.

I think it is best to focus on body fat loss and increasing lean muscle mass which means adding in a good strength training program. Make dietary changes consistent by taking your time to get that done so it becomes a sustainable change.
Never heard of liss before until now. I'm going to give this a go. Thanks for the information.

Heath423

Lil-Rokslider
By the way I'm in need of loosing a little but primarily looking to increase stamina and strength. Age 44....5'9" and currently 183# with a sedentary job the past 7 years on 12 hour shifts. Starting to take a toll on me.

Heath423

Lil-Rokslider
I have my MyFitnessPal goal set at 215. I have had the best results when I stay consistent on logging calories. The weeks I'm not consistent, I may only lose 1 lb to a 1/2 lb instead of my 2 lb per week goal.
Yes this is the only way that has helped me in the past. Food is my weakness

zalia

FNG
Has anyone tried a Keto type diet with fasting? I've seen a lot of info on it.

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
258 again this morning - but my food has been good and I have been working out everyday. Probably turning some fat into muscle and hitting my first plateau. Goal is to break that and be down another 2.5-3 pounds by next Friday the 28th.

Also moving my weekly weigh in to Fridays so I have a baseline going into the weekend.

Gwchem

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried a Keto type diet with fasting? I've seen a lot of info on it.
I have, and successfully lost 30+ pounds. In the end, it wasn't sustainable because I started lifting again and craved carbs.

*zap*

WKR
Never heard of liss before until now. I'm going to give this a go. Thanks for the information.

The keys are: very frequent, long duration, keep heart rate low and do it fasted...you will increase your low gear which is what we use most. If you burn the body fat to produce your atp for this then that fat is gone....that becomes a basis of body fat loss and liss is a basis of aerobic capacity increase. I like the high seat stationary bike because my knees are worn out. If I ride the bike 5x a week my knees get/stay better...if I go to hiking/rucking instead of the bike my knees get worn in a few months...plan to do a combo with 2x more on the bike.

Last edited:

zalia

FNG
I have, and successfully lost 30+ pounds. In the end, it wasn't sustainable because I started lifting again and craved carbs.
Hah yeah I'm still having that problem after 3 weeks, but I don't do any lifting.

I need to jump in too!

42 and 5'11 230# (down from 242# last year) at this time. My goal is to get to #200 or atleast stay in XL clothing. I really cannot go lower without looking sick--I was born with stout legs so I carry weight there. My schedule is nuts having 3 active kids under 12 but I have started fasting. I will need to change my workout a bit however I knock on wood my hunt routine works for me....45 minutes or more on the treadmill with hill climbs or another type of incline to kick my butt.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk