Rokslide 2022 Youth Photo Contest sponsored by Western Edge Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Another hunting season and Rokslide’s 2022 Youth Hunt Photo Contest are upon us! Once again, we are looking forward to more photos of the next generation of hunters with the results of their hard work and learning.

This year's first prize will be a Foliage Green Elkhorn Package, a 2750-cubic inch bag with meat shelf and detachable lid on a 20" or 22" frame. The package includes the winner's choice of belt size, plus a choice of either an orange lid or reversible/detachable panel to help comply with hunter orange requirements in some states (and to help keep track of kids in the field).

Second prize will be a Chest Pack in the winner’s choice of color.

For reference, the first picture below shows a 4'10" kid with the Elkhorn and panel carrying three quarters and both backstraps of a deer on the shelf, a 45 pound packout. The second shows him at 5’2” with an entire whitetail doe on the shelf (72 pound packout).

MTMD20-.JPG IMG_3719.JPG

As always, photos will be judged on the following criteria and rules:

1. WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes into account lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.

2. Composition. How is the photo arranged and balanced – is there too much or too little of the background/foreground, animal, subject, etc?

3. Animal size. This is not a biggest animal contest, but a best photo contest that captures your youth hunter in the field. In this case, the focus is on the youth hunter, not necessarily the animal – but if two pictures are equal, generally the more impressive animal will win the tie-breaker.

4. Only one photo per animal entered. Must be a photo of your youth hunter in the field during the 2022 season (January 1- December 31, 2022), involved in any kind of hunting – waterfowl, small game, big game, etc. The youth hunter must be 17 or younger during the 2022 January 1-December 31 hunting season.

5. Only one photo entry is allowed per youth per animal (so one mule deer, one antelope, per youth etc.) Member parents or legal guardian can post on the youth's behalf, or the youth can join Rokslide and post himself.

6. Rokslide staff will select finalists, and Rokslide members will vote for the winner.

7. By posting photos on this thread, you agree to allow Rokslide and Western Edge Gear use the photos in promotional material without compensation.

8. Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.

9. To get an idea of what we're looking for in a winning photo, see the last two years’ finalists here:
2020 and 2021.

10. Deadline for photo submittal will be January 15, 2023.

Good luck out there.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to see this back for 2022! Thanks Western Edge.

Is anyone gonna knock @Jimbob off the winner’s platform this year? He’s taken it two years in a row! Better polish up your photo skills, he means business, lol

Seriously, good luck to all of you and a big thanks for getting those kids in the field. They’re our future.

spdrman

WKR
The first antelope I killed with Hunter was just 5 days after his first birthday. Him and his brother Talen have been with me every year for the last 7 years antelope hunting and have put countless hours in a blind with me with zero complaints. The smile on his face when finally got to carrying his own bow to the blind was something I’ll never forget. Then being right over his shoulder watching him shoot his first animal with a bow was one of the biggest rushes I’ve ever felt while hunting, he spent all summer shooting his bow getting ready for this moment and when he got an opportunity he made it count!
Super proud of both my boys and can’t wait too see what future adventures we have together
E8038859-9DD9-4A56-AD6C-9B732F536894.jpeg

So many great pictures to choose from this hunt! What an experience! This was my son's first spring turkey hunt. I called these two birds into the decoys like it was written to be so. One shot from his 28 ga and he claimed both turkeys. This hunt will be tough to beat! The smile says it all but the memories are even sweeter. I'm honored to fuel his passion and can't wait to see what he will accomplish in the years to come.

607290df8af0d4aeaa53470344b6a353.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.