Rokslide Backcountry Kill Kit

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
One of the most asked questions I get each year is "what do you put in your kill kit"!?

What type of game bags do you use, how much 550 cord should I bring and what's the best knife for backpack hunting?

So to make things simpler for you we've decided to make the "Rokslide Backcountry Kill Kit" and sell it as a package.

Each kit will come with:

1 Kifaru Medium PullOut
1 Havalon Piranta-Edge knife with Orange Handle
10 Piranta-Edge replacement blades
2 T.A.G bags @24x44
1 T.A.G bag @14x20
1 Kifaru Meat Baggie
1 Roll of Ultralight marking ribbon
1 25ft section of orange mil spec 550 cord
1 25ft section of green mil spec 550 cord
2 sets of latex gloves

Most of you know that I've been testing out several different game bags over the last few years (T.A.G, Caribou, Kifaru, Alaskan) and this season proved that T.A.G and Kifaru bags are the way to go for a backpack hunter.

The Havalon knife is well know across the industry and I've been a huge supporter of them for several years. With the ability to change blades in a matter of seconds, at a weight of less than 3 ounces, it's a backpack hunters dream.

I use a Kifaru Medium PullOut in the UL material to hold all the items in my kit. It weighs less than 2oz and everything fits perfect.

550 cord has multiple uses (hanging meat, boot laces, guy lines and more), so adding this to the kit was an easy choice.

These kits will be available for pre-order next week ($99), so feel free to post up any questions you have.

Thanks Everyone

Yukon

FNG
These look great. When do you think you would be shipping them by? Just thinking they would make a great Christmas present. I will be watching for instructions for the pre order as I will take a couple for sure.

R

red

$99 ? Is that right? That sounds like a great deal to me. And great stuff in it. Every thing a guy needs and nothing more. Great job!

7mag.

WKR
What a great idea. I am very interested. There are several items in there that I don't have and planned on buying this year.

Shrek

WKR
Is there any extra room in the pullout for an extra tag bag or a piece of tyvek to lay meat out on while cleaning ? Do you add tag bags for moose or bull elk ?

2ski

WKR
Wow. Heck of a deal. I priced out half the stuff there, and I'm already at $105. Temping even though I just bought a set of AK game bags and a KOA Alpha a few months ago.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
We are starting to take pre-orders for RS kill kits. They will start shipping 12/10/12. If you want one for Christmas, order soon!

Last edited:

bowinhand

WKR
I already have the knife (Piranta Edge) will you offer the kit with the Piranta Torch for the thicker blades?

mtbshark

WKR
so i have a question,

how did you decide to go with the tag bags over the caribou?
I am a new hunter and so my knowledge base is not super deep, but i got my first elk/big game critter this year and i used the carnivore II and i thought that compared to the other bags that i have seen the caribou bags are the bee knees!

so what makes the TAG bags better???

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The T.A.G bags and Caribou are about the same material, but the TAG are a little more durable.

Larry Bartlet is the owner of Pristine Ventures and the guy who started/designed the T.A.G bag. The Caribou bags came along after that, but again, you won't find a ton of difference between the two.

The other thing that makes T.A.G bags cool is the Larry (the owner) is a military veteran and lives in the woods 4-5 months out of the year (In Fairbanks).

So for the direct answer: Rokslide always supports veterans, Larry is the coolest guy you'll ever meet and the material is slightly more durable on the T.A.G

mtbshark

WKR
Aron thanks for the info.

I do like your kit.

However if it had a 4'x4' sheet of visqueen or tyvek, it in my mind would be the king back country meat mover !

Last edited: