Rokslide Backpacking Trip?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Who would be up for a Rokslide backpacking weekend this summer?

I'm thinking we could take off Friday and do some type of loop, ending up back at the trail head around noon on Sunday.

This would take place in one of the many Colorado wilderness areas, but the decision would be up to everyone that will be attending.

Let me know your thoughts and we will get something planned out.

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
what sort of time frame we looking at?? possibly late june or early july (hopefully)?? I'll be in CO around that time would be cool to do some hiking and camping.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Depending on the weekend and a chance to finally see my first elk or muley I'd fly down there. Whats 25K in airline miles? :D

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Instead of doing 28 miles in a day with the other guys, we can do 14 miles in 3 days and see more animals!

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm in as long as the schedule works with my military training, work, and such! If I go I will prolly pack my bow for what I like to call "pick a spot" shooting as well!

diggerson

Lil-Rokslider
Heck, yeah! If the dates work, I'd do this. 28 banzaii miles sounds fun, but half of that with some time to see some critters sounds better!

JPD350

WKR
If the timing is right I would do it for sure! coming from NM southern Colorado has my vote.

dotman

WKR
I would be in but I think the wife would divorce me if i did it this year.

I hate that I live in oregon sometimes. wish i could make it but 20 hours for a weekend trip just won't work. I envy you guys that have access to the rocky mountains.