Rokslide community

Sherman

WKR
Looking at the classifieds multiple times a day, I get sick of seeing some of the same ads from weeks to months ago, with no price change and a daily bump by the poster. I started cross-referencing these ads on eBay.

Surprise. Surprise.

Same exact items on eBay, same pictures, same descriptions = same seller.

In every instance the seller is asking almost new prices on this forum and 25% more than new price on eBay.

The seller does not partake in any discussions or the community, only flipping merchandise at preposterous pricing, taking advantage of new/gullible/desperate hunters.

Rokslide has a 10 posting requirement to start posting in the classifieds and their reasoning is to avoid people like this, that take advantage of the site as their personal marketplace.

Am I out of line to be disturbed by this? I find it extremely arrogant and a lack of integrity to behave this way. We are supposed to be a community of hunters and outdoorsman, and there are certain people/person that spit on that premise.

I know that some people will say that it is a person’s fault for paying the higher prices, free market, supply & demand, and all that jazz, but it boils down to integrity and using a community platform for financial gain that irks me.

bsnedeker

WKR
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Better yet, don't hate the game either...no one is forcing you to play. If you don't like the way a seller is conducting themselves, you don't have to buy anything from them. Seems like a waste of mental energy to get upset about the "integrity" of people you don't know trying to sell stuff online.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It’s an issue, but something that can’t be regulated very accurately. You can report people for essentially having a “store” that they just sell a bunch of stuff for.

all it does is hurt sponsors like me, and annoy some of you. Rokslide does there best regulating it.

I had a guy get mad at me a few weeks ago on another forum for “pushing products with disregard for forum rules.” He was pretty pissed. He somehow missed the “paid sponsor” next to my name, the two times it was there. He’s the one that got a warning for being an ass hat.

It doesn't bother me that some folks use Rokslide primarily (or exclusively) for buying/selling. Cross-posting and daily bumping aren't against the classifieds rules, and pricing is none of my business.

If I were to get annoyed enough by the posts of a particular user, I'm just two clicks away from ignoring him and not having to see his threads anymore.
Screenshot_20210817-112737.png

If you don't like bumps cluttering your classifieds feed, you can sort descending by first message to prevent bumped threads from always appearing at the top of the list.
Screenshot_20210817-110748.png

Last edited:
It doesn't bother me that some folks use Rokslide primarily (or exclusively) for buying/selling. Cross-posting and daily bumping aren't against the classifieds rules, and pricing is none of my business.

If I were to get annoyed enough by the posts of a particular user, I'm just two clicks away from ignoring him and not having to see his threads anymore.
View attachment 317741

If you don't like bumps cluttering your classifieds feed, you can sort descending by first message to prevent bumped threads from always appearing at the top of the list.
View attachment 317738

Man, just cause Sherman calling you out, don't mean you gotta block him.

Just a comment about your price complaint. A LOT of items are out of stock with no end in sight. The price of something new is irrelevant right now. The price is what someone is willing to pay. It has nothing to do with what YOU feel is a fair price. Just go look at the price of powder and primers on Gun Broker.

Macholeo

FNG
I left buying on eBay because I trust buying from the hunting community I enjoy discussing topics with like minded hunters, thanks for policing this folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Given the amount of foolish people who wait until mid august to try and score a Sawtooth or Cimarron for their “DIY OTC archery elk hunt in sept” by asking around forums and FB groups, I can’t say I blame the inflated prices.
Hahahahaha I bought one end of last year for this season, then I drew august elk and august/September deer, both in the desert. Won’t even be using it this year!

wilkINkc

Lil-Rokslider
Just my own opinion, if you don’t like the price move on. There are other options/sites/buying new available. Every good site has people just there to sell stuff because there is a market. This site is no different. It has a lot of good active members that are like minded. If you or I think something is too high, we don’t have to buy it. But if that person has it and you can t get it anywhere else, you or I MAY buy it if it’s important to us and needed. Just my own perspective on things. I mean you no disrespect.

Lawnboi

WKR
I browse a lot and have no problem. If it’s priced too high don’t buy it.

We are fortunate here that the classifieds are free and so easy to gain access to. Other sites charge to post or require high post counts. I’d bed that’s where the classifieds here to eventually. They have become very popular the last few years

mlgc20

WKR
Some of the ads are a bit annoying. But overall, I really like the classifieds. And I don’t want to create additional work for the mods.