Rokslide donations

idcuda

WKR
Who knew you could contribute to rokslide? I just noticed it on the menu bar (I rarely look at anything aside from the forums). Pretty nice to chuck a few bucks in there, occasionally, I suppose. I spend money on a lot of less valuable crap. Anyway, I just tried and got a paypal error, so it didn't accept it. Said to try again later.

I've thrown in a couple bucks in myself, good on you @idcuda for making this a thread. I really think most folks who use this site (and similar sites) think its "free" ..but somebody(s) out there is footing the bill for the time, frustration, and actual cash expense to keep it up and running. Those little advertising links at the bottom of the page only cover so much. .
Give a buck or two Roksliders...

Mtnboy

WKR
I've thrown in a couple bucks in myself, good on you @idcuda for making this a thread. I really think most folks who use this site (and similar sites) think its "free" ..but somebody(s) out there is footing the bill for the time, frustration, and actual cash expense to keep it up and running. Those little advertising links at the bottom of the page only cover so much. .
Give a buck or two Roksliders...
I’m not saying people shouldn’t donate, I have myself in the past, but something tells me this site turns a pretty good profit or it wouldn’t still be around.

There are backpack companies paying people $40k/year to use their packs so I think the advertisers on here probably pay decent.

OP
idcuda

idcuda

WKR
I’m not saying people shouldn’t donate, I have myself in the past, but something tells me this site turns a pretty good profit or it wouldn’t still be around.

I agree, the site's probably ok financially. But I think the folks running it would make good use of the money by providing more or better content, where possible. Either way, it's worth more than zero to me, so I'll contribute.

OP
idcuda

idcuda

WKR
Maybe...

Still getting this error when I try to donate with a card:
We couldn't process this donation. Please try again later, this could just be a temporary glitch.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Have you seen the truck Robby drives? Can't be making any money when you drive something like that. Spent all his money on server space.

Makes me feel bad for his horses. He is going to be stranded and they will be carrying him out.

@@

Or all that money on those hay burners. Need to get that man a donkey or 18..... He will still kill giant mule deer though I would pay real good money to see pictures of him packing one out on a shetland pony with a unicorn hackamore. Come on robby do the fellas here a solid.

@robby denning

il_1588xN.1640225663_n29u.jpg

Now that we’re talking about Robby. I really had a good laugh at the story he told on the Rockslide podcast about changing clothes in his office. I would donate to hear some more of those stories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or all that money on those hay burners. Need to get that man a donkey or 18..... He will still kill giant mule deer though I would pay real good money to see pictures of him packing one out on a shetland pony with a unicorn hackamore. Come on robby do the fellas here a solid.

@robby denning

View attachment 257481

No bigger than Robby seems he might be able to ride that giant pack goat that Ryan has.

Might be Indian wrestling for my screen name.

Arkansas Dave:
83A4224F-DF31-4AB1-B9ED-1126364FEEF8 (1).jpeg

Picture used without permission.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

There are backpack companies paying people $40k/year to use their packs so I think the advertisers on here probably pay decent.

thanks for your donations.

But no one paying us even close to $40k/yr for anything (maybe an Influencer is getting those wages)—we’re doing OK but Rokslide still can’t support my family, hence my other two jobs. And Ryan has several gigs too

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, the site's probably ok financially. But I think the folks running it would make good use of the money by providing more or better content, where possible. Either way, it's worth more than zero to me, so I'll contribute.

we’ve published nearly 1000 reviews & articles not including all our YouTube/Vimeo content, so yes, these donations help keep that rolling. Our writers get paid and that budget grows yearly. Thank you

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Have you seen the truck Robby drives? Can't be making any money when you drive something like that. Spent all his money on server space.

Makes me feel bad for his horses. He is going to be stranded and they will be carrying him out.

@@

server space, kids college, hunting and a kept wife

and I like that truck. If a $4k truck gets it done, why spend $40k?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Now that we’re talking about Robby. I really had a good laugh at the story he told on the Rockslide podcast about changing clothes in his office. I would donate to hear some more of those stories!

that lady was blinded for life after seeing that mess.

server space, kids college, hunting and a kept wife

and I like that truck. If a $4k truck gets it done, why spend $40k?

I like the old beaters. Can't tear them up anymore. Actually easy to work on as well. Just tend get get a lot of farts in the seats over the miles.

CorbLand

WKR
Next time I am home I will bring Robby a new piss bottle as long as he promises not to drink out of it again.