Rokslide for Kitchen Appliances??

treillw

WKR
Building a house wish there was a "rokslide" for help on picking out good kitchen appliances and finding deals.

Know of any kitchen forums? (I saw somebody on here asking about a sewing forum a few months ago, so I don't feel as much shame as maybe I should) :ROFLMAO:

Also, any good places to get deals on appliances online or anything?

Just looking to keep more money in the hunting fund!

Thanks!

Elk97

WKR

WCB

WKR
We got ding/dent/damaged packaging deals on our appliances just at the local hardware/appliance stores. All together paid about $3500 . The complete kitchen set up in stainless. retail would have been about $7500. Only thing we ever found is one shallow basically unnoticeable dent on the handle of the freezer drawer.
Can sometimes cash in on display models.

jmez

WKR
You have a local appliance store that has their own service dept? If so it is worth paying a little extra from them. You buy from a big box store or online service can be tough. For warranty issues you can't just call anyone, you will have to deal with the parent company and use someone that is certified with them. This can be a nightmare to deal with.

All the brands are crap. There are no good ones or bad ones. There are just good and bad individual units. If you live somewhere fairly remote buy the warranty service offered by one of the big box retailers. When you inevitably can't get manufacturer approved service they (warranty service) will be forced to replace it for you, much easier than getting a manufacturer to approve a replacement. Also watch out for the best deals. Consolidators don't carry factory authorization and can be warranty nightmares.

I have 10+ years industry experience. PM me with specific questions if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdot

WKR
Whatever you do, stay away from Natural Gas stoves. I haven't had a client in the last 10 years not complain about them. To the point I've torn out more then a couple $10g plus stove due to it.
Gas sounds awesome, but it just isn't. If you like to cook, the newest induction cooktops are pretty damned awesome.

If you want to save some bucks, don't worry about trying to match your appliances. As long as they are generally similar ie. Same color, similar handles, etc. No one will notice the difference. Built-in Panel appliances to match your kitchen cabinets make this even easier. This way you can search for the best deal on individual appliances, not just a deal on a complete package. I've done this on the last two places I've done for myself and I've saved myself a mint.

Lastly, don't wait until your kitchen is done to go out and look for deals. I usually start 1+ years ahead and by the time I start to design the kitchen, the appliance package is sorted. It's easier to change a cabinet before its designed, then after it's installed, and way easier then trimming your appliances to fit.

colersu22

WKR
Me and my wife ordered out locally when we built our house. We went with GE since they had the most available companies for service/warranty repair. We ordered our kitchen and washer/dryer appliances over a year in advance because we bought them on sale for Memorial Day and they stacked the friends and family discount on top so we saved quite a bit. It helps having a father in law that works for a builder so we saved lots of money during the entire build.

My wife liked the Samsung appliances for the kitchen but after talking to the store we went with GE for the warranty work if issues arose. We are almost 2 years into finishing the house and have not had any issues. We did go with the gas range but like mentioned above it smells like gas every time you turn on the over or stove top so I could see why people are turned off by them. We just make sure to use the hood no matter what to suck the gas smell out. I did put a 240v outlet in the stove space as well incase we ever wanted to switch to electric in the future.

Cody_W

WKR
I’m not sure what kind of price range you’re looking in but we have had great luck with Wolf/Subzero and Thermador appliances. Have put Kitchen Aid, Samsung, and GE units in some more budget spec houses and they’ve been alright. I would try calling Ferguson up and see where the closest distributor is to you. They’ve beat everyone on the mid and high end packages we’ve ordered every time.