Rokslide Podcast

Great idea that I will tune into for sure. I listen to podcasts weekly during my commute and am already looking forward to it.

As a newer hunter I would love to hear about the road to areas. I am finding the biggest task of all for me is building areas to hunt and keeping them secret. I don't hang with hunters and only hunt with a few and the very few spots I hunt were serious hard work finding and narrowing down or I was taken to them. A timeline and discussion on spots given to top hunters or top guys going blind and making their own way would be good info

Pontius

FNG
I only just discovered the Gritty Bowmen podcast, apparently I've been living under a rock, I'm sure others are in the dark too. Nearly all the topics suggested in this thread are covered, and it features man/myth/legend Aron as a frequent guest.

http://www.grittybowmen.com/gritty-podcasts/

I consider it the de facto Rokslide podcast.

Last edited:
I only just discovered the Gritty Bowmen podcast, apparently I've been living under a rock, I'm sure others are in the dark too. Nearly all the topics suggested in this thread are covered, and it features man/myth/legend Aron as a frequent guest.

http://www.grittybowmen.com/gritty-podcasts/

I consider it the de facto Rosklide podcast.

In my opinion this one of the best podcast out there. I can actually make it through the whole thing. The Video format Works better for me I guess...

HookUp

WKR
+1 for the Gritty bowman podcast! It's my go to for my commute to work and back. It is geared mostly for September elk, but they are branching out lately.

gelton

WKR
I too like the gritty bowmen podcast but would prefer it to be uncensored - Aron is a funny guy but when you bleep out his curse words it's like watching a rated r movie made for tv...funny but not as funny as it could be.

Nalgene

Lil-Rokslider
GB is the best hunting podcast. Great audio, they put it on youtube and great guest. I like censored so I can listen with my wife and kids.

buttcord

FNG
GB would be better if they cut out the parts where they're frickin eating/chewing during the podcast.

trk3263

WKR
I get hungry:)

It's stuff like that that makes the podcast good. It's like sitting around BSing and not just listening to a lecture.
Stay healthy Aron and keep eating when you feel like it. Being real matters but I don't think anyone has to tell you this.

Here are some topic ideas:

An annual update on what is new in the backcountry communication market; e.g., the latest SPOT, sat phone, etc. with pro's and con's, cost, etc.

An overview of the different types of backcountry communication devices; personal locator beacons, sat phones, text based/satellite driven devices like SPOT, and what you can and can't do with a smartphone.

An overview of GPS's covering how they work, what the dedicated GPS does and how it works followed by what smartphone based GPSs do and how they work since the user interface and features are different.

Basic first aid (maybe over the course of a few PCs), basic trauma care and where to get training and materials.

Definitely some practical illustrations of land navigation (i.e., map and compass) skills. Since you are doing these as videos you can actually show people how to manipulate the compass while using it with map and the like.

A discussion comparing how bullets harvest/kill game and how a broadhead does it, and what that difference means to shot location and distances.

How to sharpen a knife, axe, and broadhead.

Randle

WKR
I why not just continue the GB podcasts Aron is on there enough anyway , no need
GB gets most of the subjects covered .