Rokslide shed contest?

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
As killing seasons are starting to slow down for most of us, I was wondering if any shed freaks out there were interested in a shed competition. Biggest deer or elk antler or most antlers, what do you think? Maybe Rokslide will issue prizes to winners.

Craig4791

WKR
Im in, Sounds fun! I've never found anything exceptional but maybe this year is the year.......

OP
TRIPLE

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
Great. I say biggest and most for elk and deer. Aron said he'd sweeten the pot and I'll throw in something to make it interesting.

What are your guys expectations?

Elk-I'm hoping for over forty browns and a couple sets from 380+ bulls.
Deer-realistically 20ish with a couple from 160 class deer (I spend most of my time looking for elk, and I don't live in a good deer area)

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like you have some excellent country to find antlers Triple. Where I shed hunt it is heavily timbered, so if I find 20+ brown elk sheds in a season it is a good year. It is all contingent on snow depth. The largest bulls are 350ish in this Idaho area. Good luck and look forward to some pics.

OP
TRIPLE

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
Ross- I saw some of your previous shed post and it looks like your being productive and having fun. I do have a few great areas for elk but they are hard earned. Some of my shed trips are more physically demanding than many backpack hunts, many (actually a sh*t ton) of miles and thousands of dollars of glass.
I'll defenantly post some pics this year.(don't know how but I'm learning and I've always been tentative to put my trophies for all to see)

Daniel-good luck. Depending on your location in AZ, you're capable of true top end potential.

Ross- I saw some of your previous shed post and it looks like your being productive and having fun. I do have a few great areas for elk but they are hard earned. Some of my shed trips are more physically demanding than many backpack hunts, many (actually a sh*t ton) of miles and thousands of dollars of glass.
I'll defenantly post some pics this year.(don't know how but I'm learning and I've always been tentative to put my trophies for all to see)

Daniel-good luck. Depending on your location in AZ, you're capable of true top end potential.

You have an Iphone, and I assume you're browsing the forums on tapatalk (if not then get it, its the way to go). Just click the little camera icon when replying to a message. Really is simple :) you should throw up some of your other sets you've found!

Mike

Here ya go Cody. Some smoker bulls!
ty4yry4y.jpg

2ave7y9a.jpg

tymygabe.jpg

aqyvequd.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357961306177.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357961306177.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 159
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357961320969.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357961320969.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 154
OP
TRIPLE

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
There you guys go. A few over the last couple years. I've got to give credit to my shed hunting partner with our "management" pile. I've got more pics stored away, but I'm building a house and everything's boxed up.

Thanks to mike for posting em up.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those are very nice for sure! As you noted shed hunting can be more extreme than actual hunting and often times it is! 3oclock get ups, snowmobiling in and then on snowshoes for 8-10 hrs can make an old man cry with joy:)

OP
TRIPLE

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
Copy that Ross. I have a couple backpack shed trips every year and hauling 100 lbs of antler with gear is a ball buster. Some are a bit easier if I'm targeting specific bulls and watching them before they drop.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Magnum says lets gertdun!
P2040494.jpg

In place of doing this trying to get in 2 shed hunt.
Picture028.jpg
and spending hours getting out!

A portion of my shed pile purchase this little unit so there will be no more digging:)
trax_zps5de580a9.jpg

extrememan-1-1.jpg

P4190359-1_zps7170b4d1.jpg

P4150346-2_zpsc9da6e25.jpg

Last edited: