Rokslide Staff - Eagle Eye Ammunition Review ***Updated 7/9/20***

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I posted a short video to my Instagram of three shots at 496 yards. This ammo shoots very consistently for me. I think it's a great option for anyone who doesn't want to reload.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anymore testing on this ammo?

I’m hoping to visit with the manufacturer here in Jan. Gonna try and get some info to load into my shooting app. The plan is to shoot in Jan and post some pics and vids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
i'm looking at picking up some 6.5cm 135gr classic hunter ammo from Eagle Eye. this would be for target and hunting in a couple of my rifles. just wondering if everyone here that has tried it is still happy with the performance. https://www.eagleeyeammo.com/6-5-creedmoor/6-5-creedmoor-135gr-berger-classic-hunter-ammunition

I called and got some info from the manufacturer. I like what I’ve seen. MT is a mud pit at the moment. I’ll post up info as soon as I can

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vortex Viper HS with the Dead-Hold BDC reticle.
Eagle Eye Ammo.
4eb500eab01034fef3f11d641e1aa1e6.jpg

Stretched it out as far as I could.
The video is a 500 yard shot. Went 3 for 3 after a 100 yard zero.
This Ammo is on point. Review of the Eagle Eye Ammo in 6.5 CM is on its way.

Last edited:

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
b801baf1e1df064da23de7f48957ba63.jpg

Data on the Eagle Eye Ammo through the Ruger from the chronograph

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Vortex Viper HS with the Dead-Hold BDC reticle.
Eagle Eye Ammo.
4eb500eab01034fef3f11d641e1aa1e6.jpg

Stretched it out as far as I could.
The video is a 500 yard shot. Went 3 for 3 after a 100 yard zero.
This Ammo is on point. Review of the Eagle Eye Ammo in 6.5 CM is on its way.

Which hash Mark/subtension at 500? What’s the center sighted at?

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which hash Mark/subtension at 500? What’s the center sighted at?

Haha!! Oh man... you’re gonna have to wait to see when you edit the review. We had to play some voodoo, wizardry games. The reticle is obviously designed for shorter ranges. I played some games and had some fun, but 500 wasn’t the max for the day. ;)

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Haha!! Oh man... you’re gonna have to wait to see when you edit the review. We had to play some voodoo, wizardry games. The reticle is obviously designed for shorter ranges. I played some games and had some fun, but 500 wasn’t the max for the day. ;)

OK I’ll hold the pattern until I see the review

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
f0d8c43c149d85193cae059876caae26.jpg

My 13yr old’s 100 yard group with the Eagle Eye Ammo and the Vortex Viper HS. The Ruger American isn’t exactly a high end rifle. That’s about as good as I can expect from this gun.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
f0d8c43c149d85193cae059876caae26.jpg

My 13yr old’s 100 yard group with the Eagle Eye Ammo and the Vortex Viper HS. The Ruger American isn’t exactly a high end rifle. That’s about as good as I can expect from this gun.

It’s MOA and fuzzy says MOA is good enough

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
0a5af5e7ad4e3aedfce0774fa4f55850.jpg

4eac10225d3b9204fb5627c6022dc9d7.jpg

Every time I set up it looks like I’m having a yard sale... but the set up and take down are always worth it. After 100’s of rounds through this little $400 Ruger, the Eagle Eye Ammo is the only one that groups sub-MOA.

Sled

WKR
Though I did find higher than expected sd when initially testing my EE ammo, I'm not seeing it down range. It easily stays sub moa in my Tikka and struggles a bit in my Kimber and target gun. Unfortunately I believe poor precision in my target gun is due to some recent bad Smith work. And the Kimber is just being a Kimber. Monos have been close to moa in that.

Overall, I'm happy with the ammo. Prior to the price increase, I'm not sure if be able to duplicate it with my reloading at the same cost. Though, I do factor my time in the cost of reloading but at Chinese factory worker prices. I really should give myself a raise.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Though I did find higher than expected sd when initially testing my EE ammo, I'm not seeing it down range. It easily stays sub moa in my Tikka and struggles a bit in my Kimber and target gun. Unfortunately I believe poor precision in my target gun is due to some recent bad Smith work. And the Kimber is just being a Kimber. Monos have been close to moa in that.

Overall, I'm happy with the ammo. Prior to the price increase, I'm not sure if be able to duplicate it with my reloading at the same cost. Though, I do factor my time in the cost of reloading but at Chinese factory worker prices. I really should give myself a raise.
thanks for the feedback @Sled