Rokslide Waterfowlers?

Did someone say waterfowl???!?! Oh yeah, die hard waterfowler here.
As soon as I have the red meat in the freezer I'm off to chase ducks.
I've served on the Board for the Oregon Waterfowl Festival for the last few years.
Yeah, I'd say waterfowl is a big part of my life been hunting ducks since I was big enough to swing a Mod12. Even took my gun to school on the bus, kept it in my locker, so I could hunt my way home after school. (Wouldn't recommend that today.) Yes, that was back in the lead days. Loaded all our own shells too.

How do I roll? Have Benelli, will travel. Camper, multiple boats, carts, etc.

Here's a pic of the DIY blind I built for the sled w/o grass.
(took the kids out on a blind date for soup & sandwiches in the boat one afternoon.)

Here's a pic of it all grassed and hid.

And sometimes it's just a hauler

Last edited:

Avid Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Well living in AZ what we lack in numbers, we make up in variety. You have to do your hw in AZ, and when you do, it can be very rewarding.. All these birds were shot over decoys.

Avid Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Also I probably became the luckiest guy in AZ two years ago when I shot this.. Anything look out of the ordinary???

He was a little off course I would say. Shot him last day of the season after seeing him the day before after we had limited out! Saying I was a giddy school girl to harvest this bird is an undersatement.. Here is how he sits now. I put the base together with rocks/sand from where he was shot.

Here's some marshboat pics
This one of my buddy in one of my Marshrats is on the Mallard Marine website.

A couple Four-Rivers pics

And a group pic of course just to show we do kill birds.

I've got so many more pics I'd bore you all.

Waterfowl pics are never boring!
Feel free to click on any pic and click the view the slide show or just troll around my photobucket. I'm not the greatest picture taker, not like yours anyway, but they do tend to stack up over the years.

Just bought a small welder, so need to get busy on some gear repairs and get some marsh seats & shotgun stands for the guys made.
Hunt'nFish

Love seeing other springers out there after those ducks! Great looking dog

Thanks...she's a little fireball for sure. The only complaint I have about the breed(and any other spaniel), is dealing with cockleburs. And out here, where there's good duck hunting, there's probably tons of cockleburs. I spend as much time hunting as I do picking those things off of her.

Did you find those MoMarshes "Game Changers"???

I have been researching and wanting a Sneak style boat for a few years. I've never seen anything like them in my area. I can't help but think it should almost be illegal to hunt ducks out of one. I'm guess the birds rain down on top of you w little effort?

90% certain I am pulling the trigger on a Four Rivers EBADS next week. Between that and a home fabbed aluminum boat.

Stick one of those up in the back corners of the Butte....

209hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks...she's a little fireball for sure. The only complaint I have about the breed(and any other spaniel), is dealing with cockleburs. And out here, where there's good duck hunting, there's probably tons of cockleburs. I spend as much time hunting as I do picking those things off of her.

Yeah the cockleburs are a never ending battle. I shave my springer so he looks like a gsp before the season lol that helps for a little while at least.

Cockleburs may be a PITA for us spaniel owners but a bur infested stinky swamp spaniel is a happy spaniel! If my pup starts to smell normal during hunting season we both get a little salty.

Did you find those MoMarshes "Game Changers"???

I have been researching and wanting a Sneak style boat for a few years. I've never seen anything like them in my area. I can't help but think it should almost be illegal to hunt ducks out of one. I'm guess the birds rain down on top of you w little effort?
Which ones are you talking about? The ones stacked 3 tall on the trailer, or the two in the sled?
None are Momarsh. But the Momarsh DP is certainly a good marsh boats for sure.
The ones stacke on the trailer are 2man Four-Rivers, and the little plastic ones are Mallard Marine Marshrats.
Game changers?....you bet. The main thing is you aren't restricted to shore and can set up right where you need to be. There have been times when the dog & I have fallen asleep and had ducks land literally 5yrds from the boat. And even when hunting from shore they're handy for chasing down long cripples on big water, hauling gear across water the big boat can't get into, or just as coffin blinds on sheet water fields. Particularly the Marshrats because they are small, light and hide well.
Not cheap though, but worth every penny.
Hunt'nFish

I also like to eat ducks & geese. So here's a few rewarding pics.
(click on any pic to make larger.)

First up is canned curry goose for making Vindaloo. (one of my favorites.)

Next up is canned Enchilada Duck for well...enchilada's of course.

Duck Breakfast Sausage

And Duck Chili of course.

I also do duck fajita's and that's probably my signature dish.
I used to make these for the guys on setup night at the Oregon Waterfowl Festival.

Oh and lest I forget, pressure cooked BBQ Goose Thighs!

I put away up a lot of waterfowl meat each year, and we have at least one of these dishes each week.
Yummy stuff when done right. And all wild and low fat.
Hunt'nFish