Rokslide Welcomes Kryptek Clothing!

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rokslide is proud to announce Kryptek clothing as a new sponsor!

The owners of Kryptek are both former operators and combat veterans. They've done a great deal for this country and we owe them both a big thank you for that as well!

Some of you may already know this, but Kryptek's new camouflage patterns were recently selected as one of the top four finalists as the new camouflage patterns for the military. The Highlander pattern blew the competition away during phase one testing and phase two is almost complete.

I've been testing the 2013 clothing line for Kryptek and they have some amazing new products for sure. The pants are upgraded from last year and there's several new items as well.

So lets welcome them aboard everyone!

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
That's awesome, I also seen you were on their "pro-staff" aron! Congrats on that too!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Come on now pyro, you just bought a spotter that's not made in america. Seems that optics get a pass but not clothing.

Well the clothing I purchased (kuiu) is made in china now also. I do have leupold scopes and selling a nikon to put another leupold on my other rifle. Im not sayin I wont purchase forign made product ,obviously ;). I like that kryptec was started by a verteran and many of the prostaffers are either veterans or active duty. I just thought it would have been a cool selling point if it was started by a verteran and made in america. The fact that it is made in wherever doesnt deture me from purchacing kryptec. I have actually started moving away from camo purchaces because I always seem to like a little something from the different companies and it seems most companies are starting thier own camo pattern and I dont like the mix n match camo look, stupid I know! I would like some kryptec in solids but not offered yet. It was a bit of a hypocritical statement I admit. I would buy a pair of the valhalla pants in they had a solid brown.

Last edited:

Gman

WKR
Lets figure out how to make it in america and I would be on board for sure!

Not to start another made in wherever debate but I think this is the real issue. No one's been able to figure it out - when it comes to producing high quality technical clothing, in volume. I can't think of one company who's clothing I admire AND think is appropriately valued that can get it done here. We're getting better at restructuring our companies and laws to support the next age of manufacturing but we're just not there yet. I agree, all things being equal I'll vote made in America every time. I look forward to the day that's a reality.

I feel like my comment was accurate but made at an innapropriate time, I didnt mean to take anything away from kryptecs annoncement to be a sponser here. What gman stated is the truth there isnt a company that makes a high quality, lightweight and value appropriate clothing line thats made in america. If going to kryptec didnt mean having to get a whole new set of everything, because my camo has to somewhat match, I would love to support a veterans company vs some other guy. Kryptec seems to have good quality and killer camo pattern and cost appropriate stuff.

dotman

WKR
Not to start another made in wherever debate but I think this is the real issue. No one's been able to figure it out - when it comes to producing high quality technical clothing, in volume. I can't think of one company who's clothing I admire AND think is appropriately valued that can get it done here. We're getting better at restructuring our companies and laws to support the next age of manufacturing but we're just not there yet. I agree, all things being equal I'll vote made in America every time. I look forward to the day that's a reality.

Nah I think the other thread was based on the fact Kuiu marketed made in NA, built a customer base off this and then went to China, big diff in actually not using made in NA to gain a customer base and then shipping off production and selling merchandise without telling the customers that the items are made in China.

I also hopefully can disagree with you that there are zero technical clothing companies using Americans to build their products, yes none currently offer much in the way of camo but I think Beyond Clothing has some pretty good reviews and I'll be getting some items from them in the future.

I'll also support kryptec because I like to support our vets and maybe they do have a goal someday to move from China to Made in America, seems to be a strong demand and it is great to see them come on board.

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
My comment wasn't to knock on you Pyro. You just happen to make that statement right after I read your post on the Ziess spotter. For some reason optics do get a pass on the "Buy American"...... Kryptek and Kuiu spend money overseas on material and manufacturing but they also employ Americans and spend there money in America.

It was a fair comment though ;). I love my leupold scopes, wish I owned a nightforce, but I had specific needs on the spotter something an american made spotting scope wasnt up to. I wasnt always aware of the what bringing buisness back home could mean to the economy. And no offense taken or any hurt feelings, you called me out and had me dead to rights ;)

Califhuntn

Lil-Rokslider
I would like to say congratulations to Rokslide for the new sponsor and welcome to Kryptek.

I know im fairly new here but i think it would be more appropriete to open another thread to discuss how we feel about the whole made anywhere but here discussion.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I know im fairly new here but i think it would be more appropriete to open another thread to discuss how we feel about the whole made anywhere but here discussion.

Calif, do a search, there's already enough!