Rokslide Welcomes Kryptek Clothing!

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rokslide is proud to announce Kryptek clothing as a new sponsor!

The owners of Kryptek are both former operators and combat veterans. They've done a great deal for this country and we owe them both a big thank you for that as well!

Some of you may already know this, but Kryptek's new camouflage patterns were recently selected as one of the top four finalists as the new camouflage patterns for the military. The Highlander pattern blew the competition away during phase one testing and phase two is almost complete.

I've been testing the 2013 clothing line for Kryptek and they have some amazing new products for sure. The pants are upgraded from last year and there's several new items as well.

So lets welcome them aboard everyone!

2ski

WKR
This stuff looks pretty sweet....and more money to spend. Next time I'm in Cabelas in Billings I'll have to check it out so I have a better idea of what each item is all about. I plan on buying one of those flint and steel braclets for a gift for my buddy tonight when I get home...and I might buy one for myself too.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aron,

How do the Cadog pants compare to the Sitka Timberline Pant? Do you like the integrated knee pad slots vs. the external ones you have worn in the past?

Thanks!

Lawlu

FNG
Welcome Kryptek.
Aron, can you comment on the Koldo rain pant? Durability and waterproofness and fit? 2012 vs 2013?

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The CaDog is a heavier pant than the Sitka Timberline, but will give you much more durability and warmth. The internal knee pads that Kryptek offers are much stealthier than the externals (Arcteryx)that I have been using and the K pads are more comfy as well.

The 2013 Kryptek line will have a new 4 way stretch jacket and pants that will be more like the Timberline from Sitka, but the cut is different (not as tight on the legs).
Aron,

How do the Cadog pants compare to the Sitka Timberline Pant? Do you like the integrated knee pad slots vs. the external ones you have worn in the past?

Thanks!

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
The CaDog is a heavier pant than the Sitka Timberline, but will give you much more durability and warmth. The internal knee pads that Kryptek offers are much stealthier than the externals (Arcteryx)that I have been using and the K pads are more comfy as well.

The 2013 Kryptek line will have a new 4 way stretch jacket and pants that will be more like the Timberline from Sitka, but the cut is different (not as tight on the legs).

Will this new pant replace the CaDog pant? What do you think of the two gloves they offer?

Thanks!

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I cannot comment on if the Cadog will be replaced or continued. The gloves however have done very well for me. The Zues gloves have done very well in cold weather. Better than I anticipated because they are not very bulky which is nice. The lighter weight Krypton gloves are super comfortable and warm for how thin they are. They dry quickly and have honey comb style grippers that work great.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The new pant will not be replacing the Cadog as they are two completely different designs.

The Cadog is designed for very cold weather hunting (mountain or treestand) and the Dalibor Ilight weight soft shell) would be for "on the move" cold weather hunting.

I have not been able to use the gloves, so I can't comment on that one.