Rokslider input

mahonsr

Lil-Rokslider
It’d be cool if there were some kind of legit mentoring program. Mentoring is a buzz word but some way to really connect those the genuinely want to help and those that want it. Also think it’d be cool to somehow capture all the great hunting stories this forum has to have access too

ozyclint

WKR
Maybe a sticky thread explaining the various Rokslide acronyms so the FNG's can get up to speed with the Rokslide vernacular.:p

Seriously though, this is a wonderful resource for the serious backcountry hunter. Keep up the good work.

Perhaps a thread for overseas hunting related content. (Non north American) I quite enjoy the trip reports from guys hunting Asia, Europe, Australasia, etc.

EJFS

Lil-Rokslider
I'd love to see a formalized rule against spot burning on the forums. Simple- you post Unit, Town, Trailhead, or mountain range names; post gets reported, post gets deleted. I don't think this will necessarily keep spot burning from happening, but it would be awesome if this community could lead the way in setting this as a basic ethic to encourage.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd love to see a formalized rule against spot burning on the forums. Simple- you post Unit, Town, Trailhead, or mountain range names; post gets reported, post gets deleted. I don't think this will necessarily keep spot burning from happening, but it would be awesome if this community could lead the way in setting this as a basic ethic to encourage.
This is the Rokslide standard
15d1610f753caa53b64b23ed3dfa4565.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Website/Forum Design Feedback:

Well the free Tapatalk access is increasingly spam-cancerous with autoplay ads and glitchy browsing...

Here's what I wish the web forum could do that Tapatalk does better: bundle alerts for threads so that it takes you to the first unread response in that thread. For some of the megathreads, the response alerts take you to the specific response/post link you click, and therefore you end up missing some spicy memes or other responses.

Ideally, the alert would just say, "there are 7 new replies to the 223 thread..." and take you to your first unread.

Just a thought, first world problems for sure.