Rokslider input

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
We at Rokslide would like some input from you Roksliders. What do you want to see on Rokslide? What would you change? What would you keep?

We want to become the most informative back country hunting site on the web. We can't do that with out your help. So what say you!

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really think the "Mule Deer Project" is a brilliant idea. I wouldn't mind seeing similar "projects" on smaller scales.

cmeier117

WKR
I agree with Brocka. I like that idea.

I would like to see more detailed things on hunting/archery set ups. I loved the videos that Aron did on leveling 3rd axis. I would like to see more of what the pro staff does to get the bows and set ups shooting perfect. From arrow build, bow set-up, tuning, broadhead flight etc...

dotman

WKR
Would be nice to have weekly articles on the home page. I understand though that articles take time and that it is good to have a little back log.

MOcluck

Lil-Rokslider
Good idea a weekly hunting/backpacking article would be a nice feature, maybe the pro staff could rotate weeks to help fit it in with hunting season around the corner it could eat up some valueable time, but then again you'll have more to write about

outdoor hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Weekly articles really would be nice. A monthly gear review and maybe a monthly or bi monthly special guest for articles

Above Timber

Lil-Rokslider
I would like to see Evan or Darin do some videos on bow tuning, broad head tuning, etc. I like articles but having a video to watch is even better in my book.

swat8888

WKR
It would be cool if there was a place you could compile the numerous specs of backpacking gear....rifles, bows, etc is probably not necessary since it is kinda subjective. Gear weights, prices, waterproof rating, cubic inches, breath ability, etc. At the top of my list would be bags, tents, optics, sleeping bags, tarps, next to skin, mid layer, puffy jacket/insulating layer, soft shell, hard she'll/rain gear, arrows w/ (GPI, spine, inner/outer diameter), foot wear, bivy sack, sleeping pads and maybe even a column recommending a preferred climate.....dry hot SW, rainy/wet cooler NW, AK. Something like this would really help the ounce counters like me.

RUTTIN

WKR
Semi live bowhunts. (or rifle and muzzleloader hunts for you other guys) are kind of cool too. It is like you are there on the hunt living the moment with them, from the good times to the bad times.

IAHNTR

WKR
Semi live bowhunts. (or rifle and muzzleloader hunts for you other guys) are kind of cool too. It is like you are there on the hunt living the moment with them, from the good times to the bad times.

That is kind of like MIdwestern Whitetail does and they have seen A LOT of success with it. I watch it every Monday (when the new episodes come out). I understand that mountain is different, but I'm sure you/we could figure something out.

It would be cool if there was a place you could compile the numerous specs of backpacking gear....rifles, bows, etc is probably not necessary since it is kinda subjective. Gear weights, prices, waterproof rating, cubic inches, breath ability, etc. At the top of my list would be bags, tents, optics, sleeping bags, tarps, next to skin, mid layer, puffy jacket/insulating layer, soft shell, hard she'll/rain gear, arrows w/ (GPI, spine, inner/outer diameter), foot wear, bivy sack, sleeping pads and maybe even a column recommending a preferred climate.....dry hot SW, rainy/wet cooler NW, AK. Something like this would really help the ounce counters like me.
i like this idea, so when youre looking at rain gear its even maybe rated for quiet, breathability, weight, waterproofness ie colorado squall, western washington, or alaska ahaha.
same thing with sleeping bags, pads, clothing.

Hardstalk

WKR
I enjoy the fact that there are seasoned vets of the sport that interact on this forum. Hearing from some of these guys like david long, marlon, robby, just an example that take consecutive animals with their bow is real cool. I know the rokslide staff has more friends.... Bring em on.

A lot of good input so far that I would like to second (or third...). My 2 cents:

1. At least 1 new article per week
2. semi live hunts
3. gear rating database
4. technical archery videos
5. Continue Rokslide get togethers like the rokslide challenge

i like the get-together ideas too, maybe as the site grows do some by region for us guys that dont have enough vaca. for a non-hunting trip to colorado

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lots of good ideas guys. One thing that comes up is new weekly articles.....I agree, however it takes time to write these articles so they are filled with the quality info that you guys want and with most of us having full time other jobs, family, and hunting it gets tough. That said I bet you see some changes in the future....:)

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Great stuff guys! This is no lip service. We are listening. This is YOUR website.

Swat, I have been thinking about something like that for awhile. That's a worth/time dilemma.

Articles once a week will happen after the season.

I like the idea of having a special guests.

cmeier117

WKR
I also like videos while a field. Kinda like the ones Aron did for Outdoor life last year on the gutless method of deboning an elk.

1 thing I like is the scouting and hunting stories with the pictures. Like rosinbag's nv scouting trip with pics. I really enjoyed his bivy pics and the mountain pics.