Rokslider's Mystery Ranch bags for hunting

Where do they stand in the current hierarchy of backpack hunting bags? Seem's like they might be running 3rd at best here according what everyone is currently running this year. If so, let's get everyone's opinion on there top 3 bags and why

I don't know that's its really cut and dry like that. Different packs for different use, different body builds.

I don't use mystery ranch but that's only because of the weight. That's important to some, not to others. I think they are a quality product, just on the heavy side of the options.

Really the best thing is for you to get hands on several packs and find what fits you and the criteria you are looking for. Don't let what everyone else decides be your determining factor, granted that will steer you towards a quality product, but I tried what is probably the most popular pack around here and just couldn't get it to work for me.

OP
BuckWild41
I don't know that's its really cut and dry like that. Different packs for different use, different body builds.

I don't use mystery ranch but that's only because of the weight. That's important to some, not to others. I think they are a quality product, just on the heavy side of the options.

Really the best thing is for you to get hands on several packs and find what fits you and the criteria you are looking for. Don't let what everyone else decides be your determining factor, granted that will steer you towards a quality product, but I tried what is probably the most popular pack around here and just couldn't get it to work for me.
Billy, I already have a few packs and I'm not looking for anything new or for everyone else to decide or be a determining factor in my next or future purchases. But I can see how the post may have alluded to that, and that obviously happens quite a bit here but this isn't the case

From a backpack hunting standpoint, a few years ago it seemed like MS was VERY popular on this site. To the point where it seemed like they were easily a top 3 pack utilized here by fellow members. Now it seems that has changed and was curious as to why?

Price?
Quality has changed?
Other's have simply surpassed them?

Billy, I already have a few packs and I'm not looking for anything new or for everyone else to decide or be a determining factor in my next or future purchases. But I can see how the post may have alluded to that, and that obviously happens quite a bit here but this isn't the case

From a backpack hunting standpoint, a few years ago it seemed like MS was VERY popular on this site. To the point where it seemed like they were easily a top 3 pack utilized here by fellow members. Now it seems that has changed and was curious as to why?

Price?
Quality has changed?
Other's have simply surpassed them?

Because a lot of us here are gear whores and are constantly getting something else to determine if it's better. Right now backpack hunting has been taking off and it's seen a lot of new products come to market. 10-12 years ago it was only a few that offered anything like what the options are now. But this backpack shootout they just did had 9-10 packs I think, and several were left out. Just where the market has been.

It's probably Instagrams fault.

OP
BuckWild41
Because a lot of us here are gear whores and are constantly getting something else to determine if it's better. Right now backpack hunting has been taking off and it's seen a lot of new products come to market. 10-12 years ago it was only a few that offered anything like what the options are now. But this backpack shootout they just did had 9-10 packs I think, and several were left out. Just where the market has been.

It's probably Instagrams fault.
I hear ya, I'm a gear whore myself don't see that ever changing. But that was the point of this post Bill. I'm not sure backpack hunting has ever been as popular as it is now and the influx of new equipment has been staggering. Has MS simply been surpassed by better options here? I did see the backpack review done here and it was very informative. But I'm looking for members who are out there right now, using their packs to chime in and give their top 3-4 after trying different one's out

For a lightweight pack to hunt with and turn around and load heavy, I like EXO and Seek. Stone glacier is one I'd try, I just haven't. So far I'm not certain I don't prefer the k2 exo to the k3. Maybe I haven't gotten use to the k3 yet, I do like the ability to increase the frame height, just like with Seek. I'm 5-10ish, what I find good for me is likely completely different than someone who is 6'2".

I have a hpg decker with bag that I use a lot. I think those are frequently overlooked. I don't hunt with it much, use it for weighted pack hikes and just general day trip hiking.

To me the MR is a good pack at a good price point. I think it is surpassed by other packs, but for the price it does check a lot of boxes.

OP
BuckWild41
For a lightweight pack to hunt with and turn around and load heavy, I like EXO and Seek. Stone glacier is one I'd try, I just haven't. So far I'm not certain I don't prefer the k2 exo to the k3. Maybe I haven't gotten use to the k3 yet, I do like the ability to increase the frame height, just like with Seek. I'm 5-10ish, what I find good for me is likely completely different than someone who is 6'2".

I have a hpg decker with bag that I use a lot. I think those are frequently overlooked. I don't hunt with it much, use it for weighted pack hikes and just general day trip hiking.

To me the MR is a good pack at a good price point. I think it is surpassed by other packs, but for the price it does check a lot of boxes.
Seems like EXO, Kifaru and Stone Glacier have surpassed them in the last few years

Mystery ranch makes good packs. It seems like you can find them for a lower price new than the big three... Especially when stacked with coupons and active junky. Buy whatever fits you and your budget.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk