Rokslide's Rebecca Francis slams a great buck

NDHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome buck, congrats!

And I can't believe how badly she is getting raked over on her facebook page. I've never seen so many hate comments before.

R

rebecca francis

I'm back from elk hunting with no elk in my pack. But that's ok, I will try again. I am guiding two guys for deer next week…then back to elk hunting. I was definitely blessed with an incredible buck last week while archery hunting. It was a very nerve racking stalk and one I will never forget. I was so in the zone of sneaking in that I didn't realize what a beauty he really was. Thanks for the all the nice comments!

7966626426_fc21ecf9bf_z.jpg

R

rebecca francis

Also, as far as the anti's…..I have been getting very vicious death threats against my children, parents, pets, and me for several years. I have learned that there is nothing that can be said to stop their comments. I just ignore them. It is impossible to reason with people who are completely illogical and don't understand. Most of the comments are coming from people in big cities that have never set foot in the mountains. I actually feel bad for them. However, I will never understand how they have such a burning desire to protect animals and then turn around and threaten to kill my children over something I am doing that is completely legal and necessary. The only way we will win this game and maintain our right to hunt, is for all hunters to stick together as a united front. We need to support each other and help in any way we can in the conservation and preservation of wildlife. We can't worry about fighting them….we need to worry about fighting only for our right to hunt. We need to completely ignore them and their ridiculous threats.

Love your words regarding the anti's. I do believe what you said but would love to take them out behind the woodshed. If you know what i mean.
Btw. Great buck. Thanks for sharing.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The only way we will win this game and maintain our right to hunt, is for all hunters to stick together as a united front. We need to support each other and help in any way we can in the conservation and preservation of wildlife. We can't worry about fighting them….we need to worry about fighting only for our right to hunt. We need to completely ignore them and their ridiculous threats.

Words of wisdom we all should heed. Thanks Rebecca!

Very wise words indeed. Thanks Rebecca!

I agree in the ignoring their foolish comments as well. I don't think that most of what I've read so far from the anti huntings comment postings are really looking for answers nor do they want to understand why and what drives people to hunt. Most of them don't see wildlife as a renewable resource or do they feel wildlife should be managed by humans.

Responding to much of their folly just brings more foolishness in return rather than resolve conflict. I refuse to be like them in that way.

Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
or you yourself will be just like him.
Proverbs 26:4

We surly are much better off and more productive supporting and encouraging our fellow hunters. Supporting conservation, backing for the preservation of wildlife and that humans are a key role in that management process. We must continue the fight for our right to hunt and our hunting heritage.

Great buck! The people posting those comments should be thrown in jail for threatening you and your family. They like to sit behind a keyboard and act tough, they wouldn't open their big mouth or make a peep if they were faced with the person they direct their hate at.

shredder

FNG
Congrats on an awesome buck! Anybody standing up to those peta punks? They get in my face and I'll shove a pronghorn gtx up their ass. And that's just the start.

S

Salmo-Priest

That is an awesome buck!!! With a bow to boot!!!! Nice job!! Well done!!

Bighorse

WKR
I've recently been interacting with some anti's online over a picture or two. I took the same route you did and just ignored it. The energy and time is wasted trying educate people so isolated from the wilderness.

I went into the Chugach this year very close to where you got your ram. I wasn't in the same drainage but within a few miles of it. I know because I talked to the party who flew in after you. My daughter took a nice ram with her rifle. It was really fun talking about all the beautiful ladies enjoying sucess in those mountains.

I'm going after Elk next weekend in the S. Etolin Island Wilderness in SE Alaska. So maybe we'll be roaming the hills in spirit together. Good luck going after ol' Wapati.