Rokstaff Takes on MTNTOUGH Backcountry Fitness Program

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is anyone about to start the pre season program? I just finished up the post season and am ready to begin on the pre season. I won’t give daily updates, but instead weekly. Anyone with me that would like to join in a weekly check in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhino8541

WKR
Does this program specifically incorporate rucking? I'm guessing I could sub it in for cardio, but I'm curious if it's in there otherwise.

There’s weighted pack workouts involved. Plus they have heavy pack workouts on their website you can do whenever. They just incorporated the heavy pack workout 2.0 into the preseason prep program, but there were a couple other heavy pack workouts already.

If you’re looking for a workout that’s something along the lines of ‘go hike 4 miles with a bunch of weight in your pack’ then you won’t find it in MTNTOUGH. But that being said their weighted pack workouts are no joke. Lots of weighted lunges mixed in with running sprints, hiking stairs with a weighted pack, and core workouts like planks with a weighted pack on. They’ll give you a run for your money for sure.

Rhino8541

WKR
There’s weighted pack workouts involved. Plus they have heavy pack workouts on their website you can do whenever. They just incorporated the heavy pack workout 2.0 into the preseason prep program, but there were a couple other heavy pack workouts already.

If you’re looking for a workout that’s something along the lines of ‘go hike 4 miles with a bunch of weight in your pack’ then you won’t find it in MTNTOUGH. But that being said their weighted pack workouts are no joke. Lots of weighted lunges mixed in with running sprints, hiking stairs with a weighted pack, and core workouts like planks with a weighted pack on. They’ll give you a run for your money for sure.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm more interested in how you said the program was versus just going for a weighted hike, I can do that on my own. I'm glad to hear a weighted pack is included in the manner you explained. I think I might give it a go. My lack of dumbbells may be a hindrance I'll just have to get creative to overcome.