Roof slope and sidewall height (the real issue with ultralights)

Franger

FNG
As more hunters embrace the brutally crowded ultralight one and two person tent market, I wanted to talk more specifically about roof pitch and sidewall height. Lots of shelters look great, but once you really get into research, I see a bunch of nice sleeping bags touching sidewalls/roofs. Personally speaking, I am extremely opposed to my nice WM down bag getting even a little bit damp. It defeats the purpose of the bag. At 5’10”, I’m told that this isn’t an issue on many tents. But a 3“ pad and 6” of loft plus your feet/legs doesn’t leave a lot of vertical space in quite a few of these tents, as I see it.

Of you ultralight users out there, what steps have you taken to mitigate this issue? Is there a tent that you recommend for never touching the sides on lofted bags?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Scarp series from TarpTent, Kaitums from Hille (not lightweight), SoLong6 from LightHeart Gear

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
F

Franger

FNG
Scarp series from TarpTent, Kaitums from Hille (not lightweight), SoLong6 from LightHeart Gear

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks Sneaky. I’ll look into those. None of those were on my radar. Much appreciated