Rookie mistakes and 2021 hunting plans.

Hey guys hoping for some advice and suggestions. I had been planning a Idaho mule deer hunt in Unit 28 a place me and my hunting partner had been in before and have spent the past year e scouting since we were there last. We figured the elk would sell out immediately but assumed we would have a couple weeks before the mulie tags sold, boy was I wrong. All units left are in the south eastern portion of the state an area I'm unfamiliar with. Currently looking into other states and trying to find options for 2021 and open to any DIY suggestions or advice on navigating Wyoming or Montana for a nonresident.

14idaho

FNG
Idaho has drastically cut non resident tags, only allowing 15 percent I think. According to fish and game the elk herds are down and residents are complaining about the number of non resident hunters.

Bubba94

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys hoping for some advice and suggestions. I had been planning a Idaho mule deer hunt in Unit 28 a place me and my hunting partner had been in before and have spent the past year e scouting since we were there last. We figured the elk would sell out immediately but assumed we would have a couple weeks before the mulie tags sold, boy was I wrong. All units left are in the south eastern portion of the state an area I'm unfamiliar with. Currently looking into other states and trying to find options for 2021 and open to any DIY suggestions or advice on navigating Wyoming or Montana for a nonresident.

Send me a PM if you’re interested in chasing muleys in SE Idaho. I may have some info that would help make your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaeger1

FNG
Send me a PM if you’re interested in chasing muleys in SE Idaho. I may have some info that would help make your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would like to chase muleys in s.e. idaho! I am new to this site would like to hear what you have to say.

johnsd16

WKR
Idaho didn’t cut tags, total tag numbers barely changed if at all. Steps were taken to more evenly distribute NR pressure. WY will be tough with no points but have a look at the odds data and consider a special draw for a general deer unit that can be drawn with 0 points in the special. Could do regular if you want to save some $$ but the special will usually get you into a region that can’t be had with 0 points in the regular. Montana general tag will probably be around 50-70% without points, or research Colorado deer units for 0 point options.