Rookie Mule Deer question

First let me start that I did do a search on the forum for what I was looking for and didnt find it. Most of what I found was specific to areas (ie state and/or unit). I have been out west a number of times elk hunting and was thinking for next season changing it up a bit and going after some mulies. My question is, what state would you all recommend to pursue them where I wont break the bank, can get a either sex tag (obviously as a non-resident), dont particularly care weapon (but prefer bow) or season? Really just looking for experience and meat.

Thank you all for your help!

First let me start that I did do a search on the forum for what I was looking for and didnt find it. Most of what I found was specific to areas (ie state and/or unit). I have been out west a number of times elk hunting and was thinking for next season changing it up a bit and going after some mulies. My question is, what state would you all recommend to pursue them where I wont break the bank, can get a either sex tag (obviously as a non-resident), dont particularly care weapon (but prefer bow) or season? Really just looking for experience and meat.

Thank you all for your help!
Man, Nebraska offers archery any deer hunting for $242 and a hella long season (Sept. 1-Dec. 31). Great place to get your feet wet.

def90

WKR
Won’t get a tag in Colorado for mule deer unless you have a point or two and there are no OTC mule deer tags, draw only.